quote — Bulb Community

Hey,
why does uSwitch give me a different quote than if I go straight to Bulb website and get a quote from there?
Thanks!

Comments

• Metsakyla said:

Hey,
    why does uSwitch give me a different quote than if I go straight to Bulb website and get a quote from there?
    Thanks!

They should be identical. Did you enter the same energy use (in kWh) for both quotes?
  • I wasn't asked for energy use on either. I just chose the flat size and gave the address. Can it be that the uSwitch doesn't calculate the green energy option? Bulb website doesn't give any other option so I can't try and see would it give the same quote as the uSwitch site.
  • Metsakyla said:

I wasn't asked for energy use on either. I just chose the flat size and gave the address. Can it be that the uSwitch doesn't calculate the green energy option? Bulb website doesn't give any other option so I can't try and see would it give the same quote as the uSwitch site.

Compare the tariff rates and they should be identical. Chuck into both your annual usage as they won't know how much energy you actually use.

When I got a quote it was nearly twice as much as my actual monthly usage.
  • I have no idea what my annual use would be as this is the first time in uk that I need to get my own electricity deal and I have just moved in the flat by myself, but I compared the tariffs and they match. So it shouldn't matter do I change the company through uSwitch or straight from Bulb website. Thanks for the replies.
  • Metsakyla said:

I have no idea what my annual use would be as this is the first time in uk that I need to get my own electricity deal and I have just moved in the flat by myself, but I compared the tariffs and they match. So it shouldn't matter do I change the company through uSwitch or straight from Bulb website. Thanks for the replies.

It looks as if Uswitch and Bulb use a a different logarithm when working a quote based on flat/house size. Although you don't have annual usage figures these would have resulted in a more accurate quote than just using flat/house size.