Switch Shambles — Bulb Community

Switch Shambles

I switched to Bulb in Feb and had confirmation email everything was done. It wasn't. Electric Switched Gas Not. asked for meter reading from my old supplier which I questioned as I'm now with Bulb, Oh no I'm not. Bulb taking payments but switch is not complete, so after numerous emails with Bulb fast forward to today and I'm still not switched. Told Bulb are waiting for MTD (whatever that is) called my old supplier who said they had not been requested.
This is a complete Joke.

Comments

• I am not sure what MTD is (maybe Bulb can elaborate) What I do know is that when switching the readings have to be verified by a 3rd party and most always they are done separately, so there could be an issue with one.
    When you agree the switch Bulb will start taking the monthly DD and the old supplier also until they produce the final Bill, this is normal within the industry.
    You will not pay for the same energy twice as once the readings are agreed any credit will be paid back to you.
  • scudo said:

I am not sure what MTD

Meter technical details, so it says on an OFGEM page.
  • Month-to-date (MTD) is a period starting at the beginning of the current month and ending at the current date. Only a guess but seams to fit in
  • edited April 20
    Bendog said:

Month-to-date (MTD) is a period starting at the beginning of the current month and ending at the current date. Only a guess but seams to fit in

No need to guess, as I mentioned in the previous post MTD means Meter technical details and the details are held on a central database to assist with the switching of suppliers..