Claim by Bulb that they are transparent !! — Bulb Community

Claim by Bulb that they are transparent !!

I have asked several times how much the advertising campaign cost and have been fobbed off with a series of insultingly silly excuses for not giving me an answer. The first reply I got said they didn’t know how much it cost and then just got more and more ludicrous.

Comments

  • Bolleke1 said:

    I have asked several times how much the advertising campaign cost and have been fobbed off with a series of insultingly silly excuses for not giving me an answer. The first reply I got said they didn’t know how much it cost and then just got more and more ludicrous.

    What advertising campaign are you referring?
  • It sounds like they are trying to be polite. Why do you think they need to tell you any of their costs?
  • Why don't you ask for all staff salaries too?
  • standing charges are very high for electricity i do know that in my area they are 30.42 p daily which i do find a bit steep but electriity per kwh is only 12.99p near on13p per kw hourly i am in the process of writing to ofgem and ombudsman to make sure standing charges are no more than 24p daily for renewable energy as the government does pay them £125bln yearly it makes me fumming why standing charges are so high with bulb
  • edited April 4
    pevans said:

    standing charges are very high for electricity i do know that in my area they are 30.42 p daily which i do find a bit steep but electriity per kwh is only 12.99p near on13p per kw hourly i am in the process of writing to ofgem and ombudsman to make sure standing charges are no more than 24p daily for renewable energy as the government does pay them £125bln yearly it makes me fumming why standing charges are so high with bulb

    @pevans
    Are you sure? I was under the impression that Bulb's standing charge was the same nationwide.

    20.44p per day (£74.62 per year)

    https://www.bulb.co.uk/blog/simpler-statements-and-lower-standing-charges

    @Will at Bulb
  • phproxy said:


    @pevans
    Are you sure? I was under the impression that Bulb's standing charge was the same nationwide.

    20.44p per day (£74.62 per year)

    The 30.42p per day (£111.03 per year) is correct for someone on pre-payment. I've just checked Bulb's site for this information.
  • edited April 4
    Allanr said:

    phproxy said:


    @pevans
    Are you sure? I was under the impression that Bulb's standing charge was the same nationwide.

    20.44p per day (£74.62 per year)

    The 30.42p per day (£111.03 per year) is correct for someone on pre-payment. I've just checked Bulb's site for this information.
    Thanks. That changes things. Standing charges are higher on pre-pay as the admin costs are higher. Ofgem understand this so the limit isn't set like for Direct Debit customers.
  • Hi @Bolleke1

    Like any business, we spend money on marketing. Marketing helps us grow and growing is essential to achieving our mission of lowering bills and reducing carbon emissions. It means we're able to continue to invest in great people and great technology, keeping bills low for our members. On top of that, every new member of Bulb means a greener UK. We plan to continue growing, and telly advertising is one way we use to do that.

    Sharing the cost of a marketing campaign would mean sharing commercially sensitive information so we're afraid we can't do that. Sorry. While we won't share that level of detail, we'll continue to communicate openly and transparently about Bulb's financial performance. You can see our latest annual report for members on our blog.

    @pevans

    The standing charge for prepayment meters is more than credit meters. The main reason for this is that the technology, infrastructure and operational costs are higher for a prepayment meter. There are extra steps and organisations involved in getting energy to your home. Fpr example:

    - Payzone and Paypoint make it possible for you to top up at your local shop.
    - Our Prepay Meter Infrastructure Providers (PPMIP’s),Siemens and Eon handle the transfer of funds and the delivery of keys and cards.
    - The network service provider transfers information between Payzone, PayPoint and our PPMIP’s

    We're working hard to streamline some of these operations which will make it cheaper for prepay members.
  • I did wonder why my top on electricity came up as topping up on E.ON do you know e.on are the most expensive elkecricity company going this definately needs looking into you topped up with your electricity key on sse it came up as sse
  • @pevans does your meter say EON when you top up? I looked at your meters on the national database of meters and the electricity meter that is attached to your account is definitely with Bulb. Let me know :)
Sign In or Register to comment.