Brexit or Smart Meter Overload — Bulb Community

Brexit or Smart Meter Overload

This is in jest.

If like me you have reached the point of saturation with the Brexit fiasco (not the actual vote but the political fallout).

Currently as a customer with no current interest in having a smart meter the amount of threads on problems with the smart meter installation programme has reached epic proportions and is quickly catching up with my feeling on the Brexit debacle.

Maybe if those having problems with their smart installation could perhaps have a read of earlier threads then it should dramatically reduce the number of new threads being set up.

As I say my comments are tongue in cheek.

Comments

• Allanr said:

This is in jest.

If like me you have reached the point of saturation with the Brexit fiasco (not the actual vote but the political fallout).

Currently as a customer with no current interest in having a smart meter the amount of threads on problems with the smart meter installation programme has reached epic proportions and is quickly catching up with my feeling on the Brexit debacle.

Maybe if those having problems with their smart installation could perhaps have a read of earlier threads then it should dramatically reduce the number of new threads being set up.

As I say my comments are tongue in cheek.

Agree. Also I'm seeing a lot of thread's for the same question usually answered in the faqs

I usually just point people to the help email address and the faq page.

And don't mention brexit I'm sick to death of it too. The government just needs to make an executive decision one way or another and make a group of people unhappy they need to decide as trying to please everyone got us to where we are.
  • There are definitely some parallels between the lack of information provided to the general public on both topics!

You'd think based on some of these threads that the lack of working smart meter is going to affect their life more though.

I have smart meters from Bulb, they don't work as smart meters (and haven't since installation - one of the first). Bulb are being completely useless about sorting it out, but I really don't care that much.
  • I think a lot of these problems are stemming from emails for smart meter appointments redirecting to the forum. That's the vibe I'm getting.
  • I've pretty much given up on this forum now. First time I've been here in ages.
  • Perhaps us regulars should stop posting for a while and see what happens?
  • 198kHz said:

Perhaps us regulars should stop posting for a while and see what happens?

I think so too. We keep answering the same queries and dealing with people believing this forum is direct customer service.

• I think so too. We keep answering the same queries and dealing with people believing this forum is direct customer service.

I concur with your comments.

One of the contributory factors for the problem is that on the

Join the Community

it says

Talk to the team

• Thanks for the comments guys.
    I'm engaging 'occasional observing' mode until Bulb sort out their illogical website and giude customers in the right direction.
    See you on the other side... ;)
  • edited April 13
    Allanr said:

I think so too. We keep answering the same queries and dealing with people believing this forum is direct customer service.

I concur with your comments.

One of the contributory factors for the problem is that on the

Join the Community

it says

Talk to the team

Maybe they could add another step in adding posts.

Check the forum that your query hasn't already been answered. Or isn't answered in the FAQ section.

And I'd like an option for us frequent visitors to mark threads as duplicates. That way they get stopped from posting on and only relevant threads are kept to the top of the tree as duplicate threads are pushed to the bottom.

I used to like posting on here but now feel I'm lost in the noise.

If you look at my posts I find them relevant to bulb while also wanting to start interesting conversation.

• I wonder how that community forum redesign/platform switch is going.

Enabling thread merges and adding some community moderators would easily make a massive difference though.
  • mowcius said:

I wonder how that community forum redesign/platform switch is going.

Enabling thread merges and adding some community moderators would easily make a massive difference though.

I thought of something mean / clever we could or should do. Every time someone asks a similar query, post a link to the previous thread asking that question. That way we lead people through all the threads that have asked the same question.
  • People would still ask the same questions again and again though - it wouldn't do much to actually clean things up, and might make it harder for others looking for the answer to find it.
  • Back to my original post, at the moment smart meter postings has passed Brexit with regards to how I feel about both.
  • Allanr said:

Back to my original post, at the moment smart meter postings has passed Brexit with regards to how I feel about both.

The smart meter stuff isn't helped with the misleading smart meter ads. For instance the latest one says smart meters can help with climate change by scrapping something perfectly working for something new when it isn't needed. The energy grid has known about how to deal with surges in energy for 50 years
  • The smart meter discussions is getting overwhelming if only posters experiencing problems would just have a ever so tiny peek at previous threads it would make my day. Just shows I made the right decision to hold off having a smart meter.
  • Just shows I made the right decision to hold off having a smart meter.

I think with most things nowadays it is always better to hold off with new products / versions until they have been tested in the market place. Too many companies are now target /profit orientated and the achievement of target / profit is secondary to quality. Same has happened to automobiles, window versions, Insurance, pharmaceuticals, fracking and various other aspects of modern day living.