£50 — Bulb Community

£50

Hello
Can you tell me why the introductory £50 is added to my credit, but not taken off my first payment, as I thought it said it would be.
Thanks

Comments

• Harleyboy said:

Hello
    Can you tell me why the introductory £50 is added to my credit, but not taken off my first payment, as I thought it said it would be.
    Thanks

My referral email notification when I joined Bulb specifically said "Once your switch is all done and dusted on ******, you'll get £50 credit into your Bulb account." Unless the wording has changed there is no mention it will be used to pay off your first payment.

To try and answer your query as another customer, when you join Bulb you agreed to pay one month in advance for your energy and your direct debit is set up on that basis. The direct debit is nominally set up so that the first payment is taken on the day of the actual switch. However at the time the direct set was set up by Bulb your £50 referral would not have entered your account as it also depends on your referrer also being a fully fledged Bulb customer at the time of your switch.

Once your account is up and running and had your first statement (one month after your switch) your future direct debits can take into account your £50 referral.

A useful page is here: https://help.bulb.co.uk/hc/en-us/articles/115003608892-Can-I-use-my-referral-credit-to-pay-for-my-energy-