my tariff — Bulb Community

my tariff

why are my daily standing charges so high on vari fair and will they be cheaper if i switched to duel fuel tarrif

Comments

• Yes, you get a dual fuel discount. I think it comes down to around 24p per fuel per day.
  • Hi @pevans

As discussed in the other thread about standing charges, the standing charge for prepayment meters is higher than for credit meters. This is because there are extra technology, infrastructure and operational costs to getting the energy to your home.

We're looking at ways we can bring some of these external costs in-house, ultimately saving your money.
  • lol at first i was quoted 24p a day standing charge on electricity and 22p a day on gas was this for duel fuel becayuse i do want to be on the cheapest tarriff and does this aplly to prepayment or pay as you go or credit meters and is there a cost for changing my key meter on to a credit meter also want to know what the cost per kh woulod be on eletricicity if i did change as gas does not seem to be a problem i jhardly use any gas only for heating and hot water
  • Hey @pevans

20.44p per day is the standing charge for credit meters.

The prepayment standing charge is 30.42p per day for electricity and 28.31p per day for gas. The standing charges are higher for prepayment meters because there are additional operational costs to supplying this kind of meter.

There's just one tariff for prepayment meters so you will be on the cheapest.

There is a cost of £120 per meter to exchange to credit meters. If you'd like to organise this, it's best to get in contact with our member service team. You can give us a call on 0300 30 30 635, from Monday to Friday (9:00am to 6:00pm).

If you'd like to know the standing charge and unit rates for your region, you can check out our tariff page. You can pop in your postcode and it will show a breakdown of the charges.