Green gas — Bulb Community

Green gas

Only 10% of bulb's gas is biomethane (green gas). This is really disappointing. I am a bulb customer because I thought it was the most sustainable energy & gas provider. But several other companies provide a higher share of green gas.

Does anyone know why bulb's percentage of green gas is so low? Also, what targets does bulb have for increasing its percentage of green gas in future?

Comments

• Only 10% of bulb's gas is biomethane (green gas). This is really disappointing. I am a bulb customer because I thought it was the most sustainable energy & gas provider. But several other companies provide a higher share of green gas.

Does anyone know why bulb's percentage of green gas is so low? Also, what targets does bulb have for increasing its percentage of green gas in future?

There isn't enough green gas in the country basically. There is enough to meet the demands of only a small percentage of households.

Bulb carbon offset the rest of the gas by using carbon capture projects like planting forests.
  • Basically it's not possible to do right now.

Bulb have over a million customers, and the whole country only produces enough green gas to supply 1M homes.

https://www.greengas.org.uk/news/1-million-homes-now-supplied-with-green-gas

Which other companies are you referring to?

Good Energy (which is probably still the greenest of the UK's suppliers) only supplies 6% biomethane.