Elec gas bill split — Bulb Community

Elec gas bill split

Hi,
Currently I pay £86 to Bulb each month. How can I tell what proportion of that is for electricity and what proportion is for gas?
Thanks,
Pat

Comments

• @Patdon, you can see what is being paid out of your account each month for electricity and gas by looking at your old statements (in your Bulb account). The £86/month simply tops up your account credit so there's not really a split that you can get from that figure.
  • Thanks Mowcius. Thought that might be the case. Just when looking at competitor pricing, you are always asked for elec and gas separately. Will review statements but will probably go with something like 60% elec, 40% gas.
  • Patdon said:

Thanks Mowcius. Thought that might be the case. Just when looking at competitor pricing, you are always asked for elec and gas separately. Will review statements but will probably go with something like 60% elec, 40% gas.

Do you have gas central heating? I average 100kwh of electric usage per month. Gas varies, but can be up to 1000 per month.

In winter my gas usage accounts for 2/3rds of my bill, in summer about a 1/5th.

That's with the house running at 18c in winter.
  • Thanks TheValleys. I do have gas central heating so I suspect mine will not be to dissimilar to yours.
  • @Patdon that's how I've observed mine. And since joining bulb towards the end of last winter by direct debit hasn't moved once. Your bulb app will start to report a usage averaged over the year and makes a suggestion on the direct debit. I guessed mine and it has been within 50p of my average use.
  • Patdon said:

Just when looking at competitor pricing, you are always asked for elec and gas separately. Will review statements but will probably go with something like 60% elec, 40% gas.

Not sure why nobody has said this yet, but in terms of price comparisons you'd be better off simply entering your previous usage over the last 12 months in terms of kWh. The total kWh for both electric and gas is given in your account dashboard and on each statement.