Price — Bulb Community

Price

Bit pigged off as when I joined last September they quoted me a great price now 9 months on I am paying over 50 quid more and they're asking me to put payments up again. I live in a 2 up 2 down and my consumption hasn't changed. Why????
I'm tempted to switch again!

Comments

• Bulb's sign-up quotes are based on VERY BASIC details and are wildly inaccurate. The only way to get accurate bills is to provide monthly meter reads a couple of days before you get your monthly statement!! Two other things. Bulb are still one of the CHEAPEST providers if not the cheapest!! Even if Bulb wrongly ask for higher payments you control your direct debit and the amount you pay!!!!!
  • Bulb has single variable tariff. Other providers offer fixed tariffs for defined periods of time.
  • ky326vvb said:

Bulb's sign-up quotes are based on VERY BASIC details and are wildly inaccurate.

This statement isn't quite correct.

When you seek a quote on the Bulb site you have the opportunity to enter your annual energy usage (in kWh) which will result in a more accurate figure than if you enter only the size and type of property.
  • Most people don't know their annual usage in kWh and just get a quote the simple way and then they get a poor estimate.
  • ky326vvb said:

Most people don't know their annual usage in kWh and just get a quote the simple way and then they get a poor estimate.

How did you arrive at the fact that "most" people don't know their annual usage?

If you have lived at the same property for the previous 12 months before switching to Bulb then your previous suppliers bills will show the estimated annual usage in kWh.