Why do I have to have Economy 7 when I don't have Storage Heaters — Bulb Community

Why do I have to have Economy 7 when I don't have Storage Heaters

My previous suppliers Utilita placed my account on an Economy 7 listing when I bought my house because the previous owners had it set up that way by default because they were using PAYG smart meters.

The heating system in this house is gas central heating and there are no storage heaters. The only night time electricity usage is for Fridge and plug sockets, so it seems to me that this is a way of extorting higher daytime charges from customers with no pay off over night.

I believe they Jury rigged my single phase meter to take dual readings because since switching to Bulb, I no longer have two readings showing.

How do I either get the Economy 7 removed from my MPAN or this damned meter removing and replacing?

I don't want Economy 7 rates, I don't have anything that requires Economy 7.

I am tired of arguing with your billing department why insist that my meter readings are not "True and Accurate" readings because I cannot provide two different readings

Comments

  • edited May 12
    Can you please clarify this point? If you have an Economy 7 meter then why are you not able to provide the day and night readings?

    Have you read: https://help.bulb.co.uk/hc/en-us/articles/115003610092-Can-I-change-to-or-from-an-Economy-7-meter- which refers to changing of a meter..



  • I cannot provide 2 readings because although both readings existed as R01 (please note there was no R02 reading, just one R01 followed by another reading), this has now been replaced by one single reading. It seems that the Night read, the second reading is now the only reading that is changing by the actual amount of KwH being used, which in my case is about 250 to 300 KwH/month. I think my meter has been remotely tampered with by my previous supplier on change over.
  • Just to mention I'm a customer so at the end of the day only one of the Bulb team will be able to resolve your problem (I notice you mention you have contacted their billing dept.).

    Does this Bulb help article provide any additional information regarding your R01 & R02 readings.- https://help.bulb.co.uk/hc/en-us/articles/115001232832-How-do-I-read-my-meter-

    I'm assuming on your account dashboard there is space to insert two meter readings?
  • Vanessa_F said:

    My previous suppliers Utilita placed my account on an Economy 7 listing when I bought my house because the previous owners had it set up that way by default because they were using PAYG smart meters.

    Since Bulb do not yet support prepayment smart meters, your smart meter will have been remotely reconfigured to the standard pay-monthly credit system.
    Vanessa_F said:

    I believe they Jury rigged my single phase meter to take dual readings because since switching to Bulb, I no longer have two readings showing.

    You're being somewhat hyperbolic here. No one has "Jury rigged" anything. Smart meters are designed to be remotely reconfigurable and the system is working as intended. When you left your previous supplier, the meter was remotely reconfigured back to single-rate. This is evident from the fact you now have only one reading from your meter.
    Vanessa_F said:

    How do I either get the Economy 7 removed from my MPAN or this damned meter removing and replacing?

    There's no need. The meter is not faulty and everything is working as intended.
    Vanessa_F said:

    I don't want Economy 7 rates, I don't have anything that requires Economy 7.

    You don't have Economy 7. You have a smart meter remotely configured for single-rate. Bulb do not yet support Economy 7 via smart meters.
    Vanessa_F said:

    I am tired of arguing with your billing department why insist that my meter readings are not "True and Accurate" readings because I cannot provide two different readings

    I completely empathise with your predicament. It would appear that, as is becoming increasingly common, whoever you spoke to at Bulb did not have any clue as to how their own systems work. I can only suggest that you keep phoning them up until you get to speak to someone competent that knows how to correctly update your account based on your meter configuration. There's nothing wrong with your meter and there's no need to change it. Bulb just need to sort out your account configuration.
Sign In or Register to comment.