cheaper price — Bulb Community

cheaper price

U switch says I can save £346 per year with EDF. Do you have any plans to reduce your prices?

Thanks

Comments

• edited May 14
    Hi @d1_H

We have just one tariff and this reflects the costs of the wholesale energy prices. We've not got any plans to reduce our prices at the moment.

The best way to compare our prices against other suppliers is by looking at the unit rate and standing charge. Generally speaking we're much cheaper than the Big Six;s standard tariffs but that's not always the case so do check the rates first.

Cheers,
    Eleanor
  • d1_H said:

U switch says I can save £346 per year with EDF

I'll believe it when I see it.
  • d1_H said:

U switch says I can save £346 per year with EDF. Do you have any plans to reduce your prices?

Thanks

That's weird. I have just gone onto the EDF site and requested a quote inserting my actual last 12 months energy usage in kWh and surprise surpise none of the various tariffs were cheaper than Bulb.
  • edited May 15
    This is what I get from moneysavingexpert. but it's not available at edf site. They offer Easy Online Exclusive June20 which is quite a bit more expensive. What a game!

EDF. Easy Online Exclusive May20v2
    gas. 20.475p/day & 2.774p/kWh
    electricity . 22.050p/day & 14.354p/kWh

• The only reason why EDF are offering rates at that price is because the market expects that prices are going to drop. If Bulb can do so, they will lower their prices.

Perhaps think about where you might be moving to though. We can't afford another planet, but we can afford to push for renewable energy. EDF are not a company who care about that.