Strange Bill for May...estimation taken from Jan 2018..why? — Bulb Community

Strange Bill for May...estimation taken from Jan 2018..why?

since joining bulb on Jan 2018, i have always received monthly bill detailing the usage of Electricity and Gas (very important for me to keep an ways on how much the cost of the monthly bill as i am a landlord).

This month, i have received a bill that is very odd, it gives me the estimation from Jan 2018. why is this? and can i get another bill for the last months ( based on the meter readings i sent).....I tried the chat,. and for the first time since joining you, I was very disappointed by the person providing help.

Thanks,
Mo

Comments

• Old bills used to look like this :

• This happened to me recently - a series of relatively small reversals all on the same date giving an apparent massive credit only to be reversed back in one big entry soon after. I just put it down to some inexplicable accounting acrobatics - it all balanced out in the end.
  • @christos_1 I see thanks for the answer. So to be able to know exactly how much i used last month, I will need to do the maths myself I guess.
  • I believe this is down to when Bulb receives a certain type of notification from the national meter database: if the meter reading they've calculated (based on meter readings) is even slightly different (possible to decimal places), they tell Bulb that between date X and Y Bulb should use 'these official meter figures'. Therefore Bulb has got to reissue those bills and 'cancel' the old ones. I suspect bigger providers have 'ignore corrections within X units' settings and hence why you don't usually see these with other providers. (Just my guess on all of this).
  • This has just occurred on my account - second time in one month. It makes actual costs quite hard to interpret.
  • Well now bulb have removed all historic statements from my account and suspended billing until further notice whilst there is a problem. Come on bulb - get your act together! This is unacceptable!