No referral if new property has ever used Bulb — Bulb Community

No referral if new property has ever used Bulb

We sent our code to a family member and he's been told that we're both not eligible for the credit due to the fact that the property has been supplied by Bulb.

We find this slightly duplicitous on Bulb's side. We wouldn't have any way of finding out whether a property has ever been with Bulb so you're forced to sign up with them in the hope that you might be able to get the credit to be told that you can't.

Has anyone else had this issue. The only reason that we're with Bulb is because of the referral scheme, but it doesn't seem worth it if there's hidden caveats like the above. I've also read through the terms and conditions and didn't see anything stating the issues that we've faced.

Comments

• It seems perfectly legitimate to me, will stop scams going on with properties switching, switching away from bulb, then switching back to bulb.

Email customer service if your mate has recently moved into the property. Bulb being green was the reason I switched.
  • I find it somewhat strange that a person switches to Bulb because of the referral. Personally I changed to Bulb because they were far cheaper than my previous suppliers and was happy with their credentials and ethos.

Out of interest doesn't this T&C cover your situation:

17.2.4. Referrers must be existing Bulb members. Recruits must not have already signed up to Bulb or be an existing member, already on supply with Bulb, or a member of Bulb in the preceding 12 months, under any email address or alias.

• @MattR, it's not totally clear from your post what the situation is.

Have they previously been a customer somewhere else?
    Have they moved into a property that is currently supplied by Bulb?
    Have they moved into a property that has been supplied by Bulb in the last 12 months?

Interestingly in the past Bulb have said it's fine to refer yourself if you have another property so really all they seem to be interested in is getting as many properties switched over to Bulb as possible while still avoiding potential issues with scammers.