Smart meter IHD — Bulb Community

Smart meter IHD

Smart meter was installed almost three weeks ago, initially it would say ‘waiting for data’ and show nothing else. Now it seems to have changed language and still shows nothing else!

It now says ‘Yn aros am data’ which I assume is Welsh or Gaelic for waiting for data!
Oh, and I also can’t seem to turn it off!
It just seems to be a complete waste of time having this installed, and what confidence can I have the meter readings will be accurate that we’re billed on?

Comments

• Hi @Denist

To change from Welsh > English:

Press the 'OK' button at the bottom of the In-Home Display, and then the right arrow button until you see 'Gosodiadau Wedi anfon yr'.
    Press OK. This takes you to settings.
    Press the right button until you see 'Dewis iaith Wedi anfon yr'. If this doesn't work, you may need to try the next option, 'Clirio Gosodidau Wedi anfon yr'.
    Press OK.
    Select English on the left by pressing the left button, then 'OK'.

I've reported the issue with your IHD saying Waiting for Data to the smart team for you now. They are working on a fix as this is affecting multiple people.

The meter's functionality is not impacted by the IHD not working, so the meter will still be logging your usage correctly, so please do not worry about that.

• If you need to take time off work to have a smart meter fitted, don’t! A complete waster of time. My IHD has not worked from day one, then I got told about 5 weeks later, ‘we’ve got a fix’ do this and that. Did this and that, three times and it still doesn’t work. Absolute rubbish
  • Hi @Denist
    The meter's functionality is not impacted by the IHD not working, so the meter will still be logging your usage correctly, so please do not worry about that.

If it's nothing to worry about why are we only getting estimated bills months after the meters were installed?