Oof expensive bill, is Bulb some sorta scam? — Bulb Community

Oof expensive bill, is Bulb some sorta scam?

lol this is as expensive as Scottish Power.

Great so I get charged £25 a month and then have to "top up"? What a fabulous business model - just splitting the price up so psychologically it feels like you're paying less when you're actually paying the same thing. Virgin Media do something similar.

Shame we can't get our electricity from honest people and instead have to rely on con-men.

Comments

• Beeb said:

lol this is as expensive as Scottish Power.

Great so I get charged £25 a month and then have to "top up"? What a fabulous business model - just splitting the price up so psychologically it feels like you're paying less when you're actually paying the same thing. Virgin Media do something similar.

Shame we can't get our electricity from honest people and instead have to rely on con-men.

Can you please explain exactly your problem, it isn't clear from what you are currently saying.
  • You're obviously using more energy than bulb realised. As I understand it bulb put your monthly payment based on either an estimate of what you will use based on very loose information that you gave them or the size of house. When I swapped I have an estimate of my annual usage. They divide this figure by 12 and that's what you pay monthly. If you're topping up your account must be in debit i.e your using more than your paying a month
  • I gave them the meter readings and they charge me £25 a month. They then decide to whack £35 onto that. There is no way in hell I'm using £35 "over my budget". I'm at work all the time. Unless a laptop being plugged in permanently uses £1 a day.

I see Bulb Defence Force is here.
  • Beeb said:

I gave them the meter readings and they charge me £25 a month. They then decide to whack £35 onto that. There is no way in hell I'm using £35 "over my budget". I'm at work all the time. Unless a laptop being plugged in permanently uses £1 a day.

I see Bulb Defence Force is here.

I'll ignore the Defence Force comment, it doesn't auger well with fellow customers trying to help you especial when you using terms such as scams and conmen in relationship to Bulb.

If I understand it correctly you were given an original quote of £25 per month which has now been increased to £60 per month.

When you joined Bulb did you enter your previous annual usage (in kWh) to seek a quote, if not then any quote would not necessarily be accurate.

If you check your statements are they based on actual or estimated meter readings?

• @Beeb you've come on a customer forum where we try and help out new members.

So if I'm correct you're moaning about vague quote data not being accurate. When you switch energy check the kWh and standing charge then that will reflect how much it should be.

You should check how bulbs payments work before making yourself look foolish.
  • Heya @Beeb

Sorry to hear you've had a bit of a shock with your billing. It's certainly not our intention to put up your prices as soon as you join us.

I can see that you sent us some meter readings when you joined but we didn't have any for the most recent bill so we used an estimate. It's possible that this estimate is wrong - we get it from the energy industry. If you could drop us a meter reading to help@bulb.co.uk it would help us understand what's gone on here.

• @Beeb you've come on a customer forum where we try and help out new members.

So if I'm correct you're moaning about vague quote data not being accurate. When you switch energy check the kWh and standing charge then that will reflect how much it should be.

You should check how bulbs payments work before making yourself look foolish.

Aw shit man better not make myself look foolish anonymously on the internet.
  • Heya @Beeb

Sorry to hear you've had a bit of a shock with your billing. It's certainly not our intention to put up your prices as soon as you join us.

I can see that you sent us some meter readings when you joined but we didn't have any for the most recent bill so we used an estimate. It's possible that this estimate is wrong - we get it from the energy industry. If you could drop us a meter reading to help@bulb.co.uk it would help us understand what's gone on here.

Sent you my meter readings although they're not obvious at all and make no sense.
  • @Beeb how can your meter readings not make sense?

They are literally numbers on a dial or digital display. If you cant decipher those are you sure you're qualified to be able to run an energy account?

If you're going to try and patronise me, I'll be equally patronising.
  • The meter reading must surely be the same as you gave to Scottish power. For me bulb is cheaper than my last supplier (British gas) as the rate per kWh is cheaper than I was paying
  • Ahaha I like how Bulb deleted my reply to @FromTheValleys, full mad.

The meter reading must surely be the same as you gave to Scottish power. For me bulb is cheaper than my last supplier (British gas) as the rate per kWh is cheaper than I was paying

They are. Although I paid Scottish Power last month more or less exactly what I paid Bulb this month. What a meme.
  • It's the pence per kWh that you need to look at. I was paying British Gas 16.8p for each kWh of electricity used but only 13.2p to bulb so a cheaper rate. Bulb spread the payments throughout the year so you're no finding a £300 plus bill in winter as you've put the money aside as you pay extra in summer. I would look at your winter bills from Scottish power and calculate how much you spent on winter. You will find if you divide that up and add onto your bills you should put enough aside for winter.

Im guessing they deleted your comment because of the language and the nasty tone that was used when people are only responding to a question you've posted
  • Looks as if Bulb are on the case for Beeb so I see no point in us fellow customers trying to assist any further.
  • Allanr said:

Looks as if Bulb are on the case for Beeb so I see no point in us fellow customers trying to assist any further.

They never replied. Gonna have to live off candles and power my house with hamsters the old fashioned way.
  • @Beeb they deleted your reply because of the vulgar language you used.

If you aren't accepting help from.any of us, we have nothing further to discuss.
  • I have been abandoned by Bulb for mocking their prices.
  • Beeb said:

Allanr said:

They never replied. Gonna have to live off candles and power my house with hamsters the old fashioned way.

I swear (figuratively speaking) I can see a posting from Eleanor at Bulb offering to help you so how can you say they haven't replied?
  • Allanr said:

Beeb said:

Allanr said:

I swear (figuratively speaking) I can see a posting from Eleanor at Bulb offering to help you so how can you say they haven't replied?
    Oh yeah I emailed them but no reply
  • Beeb said:

Oh yeah I emailed them but no reply

And when did you email them, was this before or after the posting from Eleanor at Bulb on May 24, 2019 5:54PM?

• edited May 25
    Hi all.

I have removed comments on this thread that were offensive or included inappropriate language. We have a zero tolerance policy for this kind of behaviour on Community.

Community should be a place where you feel comfortable to be and where we can help each other out. I'm sorry if anyone has been offended by comments made and thank you to those that flagged them.

@Beeb , I've dropped you a DM so we can get the issues with your billing sorted and alerted the team who are working in the office this afternoon so they can help you out.
  • *dabs*