First statement — Bulb Community

First statement

Hi,

New to Bulb (Apr) and am wondering when my first statement will come? Was led to believe statements were produced monthly. Any ideas?

Thanks

Comments

• SJM1 said:

Hi,

New to Bulb (Apr) and am wondering when my first statement will come? Was led to believe statements were produced monthly. Any ideas?

Thanks

Nominally it should appear 1 month after your actual switch to Bulb. When did you switch to Bulb?
  • I switched 16 May and got a statement today. Very odd that you haven't. . My bill issued on the 31st and DD monthly payment out on the 1st
  • Joined in Apr and now have a large credit balance as the Direct Debit payments have been coming off but not sure how how much I’ve been using. Readings entered online since I started.
  • but not sure how how much I’ve been using. Readings entered online since I started.

Have you sent readings in within the time frame so that estimates are not used?
    You should get an emailed statement every month which details your usage and cost.
  • Yes, was advised to enter readings two days before each payment date to keep it as accurate as possible. Very strange.
  • SJM1 said:

Joined in Apr and now have a large credit balance as the Direct Debit payments have been coming off but not sure how how much I’ve been using. Readings entered online since I started.

I always work out my usage myself. Take away the lowest reading from the highest. That will give the kWh you've used. Times this by the unit price ( in your welcome pack). And you'll know roughly how much you've spent. Don't forget standing charge and Vat at 5%.
  • SJM1 said:

Joined in Apr and now have a large credit balance as the Direct Debit payments have been coming off but not sure how how much I’ve been using. Readings entered online since I started.

Have you checked the "Payments & statements" box on your account dashboard?
  • That's where mine are
  • That's where mine are

That's where they all should be and ideally it is where SJM1's should be if he/'she joined Bulb in April.

• This is my statement from Apr.
  • edited June 2
    Edited:

That's weird I would have expected to see a "Download statement" button just before the 02 May 2019 entry. This is one for the Bulb team to sort out.

• This is what I see. I can press on little green arrow and download. Best speak to bulb.
  • Hi @SJM1

The statements are just delayed as we're awaiting the opening reading to be provided to us. The reads come from a third party validator that check all of the reads sent as switch readings. It can take some time for this information to come through in some cases but we've now got an in-house team who are working to correct all of these accounts and get your statements up and running for you.

We will make sure to send all the statements we've missed once we get the opening reading in and if you're ever unsure about your usage, you can contact us at help@bulb.co.uk with your current reads and we can let you know the usage since you joined.

Cheers,
    Rob
  • Hi Rob, any news on my first statement yet? First payment was in Apr and still no statement..