Actual verses predicted energy usage — Bulb Community

Actual verses predicted energy usage

Hi All,

I'm new to bulb so excuse the 'newbie' question. Is there a way on the bulb website to show actual verses predicted energy usage? My graph only has the first month worth of readings, but I can't figure out how to compare my usage vs. predicted usage for even that, first month. Any suggestions? Have I missed something obvious? Is it something that requires more data (readings)?

Comments

• Take it with a pinch of salt, been discussed many a time, I have never relied on it in nearly 2 years.
  • Until bulb get to know your energy use the estimates will be a way off. For me up to 50% more.

Bulb require 3 months of data to generate a predicted usage graph.
  • edited June 4

Until bulb get to know your energy use the estimates will be a way off. For me up to 50% more.

And yet they apparently have access to historic usage data for properties prior to taking a property on supply, via the regulator or meter operator. Just another one of those many Bulb inconsistencies I guess.
  • Hooloovoo said:

Until bulb get to know your energy use the estimates will be a way off. For me up to 50% more.

And yet they apparently have access to historic usage data for properties prior to taking a property on supply, via the regulator or meter operator. Just another one of those many Bulb inconsistencies I guess.
    True, however what happens in the case of a property changing hands. A different household will have different energy usage patterns.
  • True, however what happens in the case of a property changing hands. A different household will have different energy usage patterns.

Absolutely, yes. But in the case where the property is under the same ownership and just changing supplier, the usage would remain the same and should give sensible estimates. As you say, it still often does not.
  • OK, thanks all - as long as I've just not missed some button somewhere I'm content - I'll make a note of their predictions, and my usage elsewhere - that's what excel is for!! :) And go from there ...
  • that's what excel is for!! :) And go from there ...

Yes ,way to go, many of us keep our own spreadsheets which are more accurate than Bulbs usage data.