Smart electric readings not registering — Bulb Community

Smart electric readings not registering

My Smet1 gas and electric meters provided by Scottish power were recently adopted into the bulb system and I'm on the smart tariff. Given that gas readings reach Bulb via the electric meter, can anyone explain why smart electric readings are not showing? Please see screenshots

Comments

• edited June 10
    I have EXACTLY the same problem. Mine was installed by EDF and I have a SMET1 meter .
    I haven't had a bill yet either , over a month ago so I'm interested in a solution too!!!
    Gas is fine but electric is out of date and weird readings. I'm ALSO on the Smart Tariff.

Ps the gas readings are correct above ! - I was on holiday !
  • I have the same issue and posted a query about 20 minutes prior to yourself. My smart meters were installed eventually by BG as they had 'technical issues' commissioning them as well. My first electricity reading was taken successfully through the smart system but has failed since, only showing smart gas readings. Whilst I am paying in monthly, Bulb have yet to supply me with any energy costs or bills for my consumption thus far. Obviously I am building a healthy balance but fear being hit with a sudden "you are significantly in arrears" message. I thought the whole concept of Bulb was to pay in advance and pay monthly so you are always in credit
  • My usage data has been completely screwed. I got 10+ bill corrections taking my balance to near £1,000 and haven't had any readings since. Electric usage doesn't show on my smart metre. Going to switch provider
  • tebor500 said:

My Smet1 gas and electric meters provided by Scottish power were recently adopted into the bulb system and I'm on the smart tariff. Given that gas readings reach Bulb via the electric meter, can anyone explain why smart electric readings are not showing? Please see screenshots

Hi there, thanks for your message. From what i can see you case is slightly unusual in the sense that one of your SMETS1 smart meters is managing to communicate with us but the other one isn't. It is a nice surprise to see your gas meter is sending us readings as normally no smets1 meters work with us.

It is unlikely that we will be able to get your SMETS1 electric meter to work with us if it isn't already so you will just have to take manual readings and send them in to us so we can generate you a bill.

To read a SMETS1 meter press 9 on the keypad and looking for the number in m3.

If you need further help please feel free to call us on 0300 30 30 635

• "To read a SMETS1 meter press 9 on the keypad and looking for the number in m3."
    I'm not quite sure what you're meaning here. Gas is measured in m3 and you've acknowledged that gas readings are getting through. Electric readings are showing on a daily basis as pence, but are not registering "smart" in KWh
  • edited June 13

Hi there, thanks for your message. From what i can see you case is slightly unusual in the sense that one of your SMETS1 smart meters is managing to communicate with us but the other one isn't. It is a nice surprise to see your gas meter is sending us readings as normally no smets1 meters work with us.

It is unlikely that we will be able to get your SMETS1 electric meter to work with us if it isn't already so you will just have to take manual readings and send them in to us so we can generate you a bill.

To read a SMETS1 meter press 9 on the keypad and looking for the number in m3

That's great if you have one tariff but if your signed up to the Smart 3 tier tariff and you make them aware as I did they can't take an electric meter reading manually from you over the phone as it works on a 3 reading system !

• Heres Bulbs response :

Thanks for taking the time to get in touch with us about your billing complaint. We're sorry that we've fallen short on this occasion.

There seems to be an issue with us receiving meter reads from your electric meter. It worked for a few days, and then stopped. I don't know why this has happened, but I've flagged the issue with smart team under a complaint to get the reporting issues resolved.

I'll try to resolve the issues with your bill in the meantime, but it may be that we're unable to generate a bill because we haven't received meter reads from your electric meter (thus don't know what to bill you).

This might take a few weeks unfortunately, but I wouldn't worry as your account is in a healthy amount of credit and you've paid into it regularly.

In regards to the seemingly erratic meter reads, this is because you're on a 3 rate tariff, so there are 3 different rates being tracked from different starting points.