Fluctuating bills — Bulb Community

Fluctuating bills

edited June 10 in Help & Support
I notice my energy bills, duel fuel, are fluctuating a lot, jan. 19 £195. Feb 19 176, the surprising one was in March this year, £209, monthly payment of £120, April this year: bill goes down to £95 advised to reduce to £95, did so, now being advised to increase it to just over £100 per month
Central heating only on at night, electricity usual but not abnormal level, this is the reason I left British Gas: high bills,

Comments

• Seriously considering a change of supplier
  • I notice my energy bills, duel fuel, are fluctuating a lot, jan. 19 £195. Feb 19 176, the surprising one was in March this year, £209, monthly payment of £120, April this year: bill goes down to £95 advised to reduce to £95, did so, now being advised to increase it to just over £100 per month

Are your bills for Jan, Feb & March based on actual meter readings?
  • edited June 10
    If you use a lot of gas and electricity then you will pay a lot! The reason I left British gas for bulb is that the pence per kWh is about 6p per cheaper.

£195 is a lot of gas and electric to be using...

• £195 is a lot of gas and electric to be using...

Does seem high to me but perhaps it is based on estimated rather than actual meter readings?
  • Could it be the weather? you can't trust it.
  • jjimjam said:

Could it be the weather? you can't trust it.

Could be the weather, but we will have a better understanding once the OP confirms whether or not the bills are based on estimated or actual meter readings.
  • @Keswick173 It looks like your usage is actual and this is just how much you are using as you are submitting meter readings to us.

Energy usage does vary throughout the year and you are still in credit with us so your usage is as expected.