Fluctuating bills — Bulb Community

Fluctuating bills

edited June 10 in Help & Support
I notice my energy bills, duel fuel, are fluctuating a lot, jan. 19 £195. Feb 19 176, the surprising one was in March this year, £209, monthly payment of £120, April this year: bill goes down to £95 advised to reduce to £95, did so, now being advised to increase it to just over £100 per month
Central heating only on at night, electricity usual but not abnormal level, this is the reason I left British Gas: high bills,

Comments

• Seriously considering a change of supplier
  • I notice my energy bills, duel fuel, are fluctuating a lot, jan. 19 £195. Feb 19 176, the surprising one was in March this year, £209, monthly payment of £120, April this year: bill goes down to £95 advised to reduce to £95, did so, now being advised to increase it to just over £100 per month

Are your bills for Jan, Feb & March based on actual meter readings?
  • edited June 10
    If you use a lot of gas and electricity then you will pay a lot! The reason I left British gas for bulb is that the pence per kWh is about 6p per cheaper.

£195 is a lot of gas and electric to be using...

• £195 is a lot of gas and electric to be using...

Does seem high to me but perhaps it is based on estimated rather than actual meter readings?
  • Could it be the weather? you can't trust it.
  • jjimjam said:

Could it be the weather? you can't trust it.

Could be the weather, but we will have a better understanding once the OP confirms whether or not the bills are based on estimated or actual meter readings.