Monthly payments vs monthly usage — Bulb Community

Monthly payments vs monthly usage

My payments and usage are showing at different costs. Is this an average usage they are calculating or is the usage based on my actual usage? I have only recently joined bulb with my first direct debit collected on the 4th of this month so it doesn’t really make much sense to me!

Comments

• edited June 11
    Becki1 said:

My payments and usage are showing at different costs. Is this an average usage they are calculating or is the usage based on my actual usage? I have only recently joined bulb with my first direct debit collected on the 4th of this month so it doesn’t really make much sense to me!

A quick summary:

1. The Monthly Usage is the estimated cost of your energy for the next 12 months divided by 12.

2. The Monthly Payment is the amount you need to pay so that ideally you have paid one month in advance for your energy after which your account is neither in credit or debit.

You may find this article of some use: https://help.bulb.co.uk/hc/en-us/articles/115003405632-How-do-Bulb-payments-and-statements-work- as to how the system works. Although there is mention regarding "Monthly Usage"
  • This figure of. Monthly Usage is very misleading, and seems to be a totally arbitrary figure. My usage with my previous companies has been more or less constant (within 2 or 3 %) over many years. My previous years costs were approx £1800 p.a. When submitting my consumption figure to Bulb they suggested likely savings of £350 p.a. - hence I switched, encouraged by Martin Lewis MoneyExpert.com (or whatever).
    My summer consumption (I am electricity only) is in line with their suggestions of an annual bill of perhaps £1450. However they are recommending a monthly debit of £211.+!!! This equates to approximately £2500 p.a. i.e. £650 p.a. MORE than my previous supplier. I telephoned 'enquiries' but was unable to get a satisfactory explanation... Any views anyone?
  • This figure of. Monthly Usage is very misleading, and seems to be a totally arbitrary figure. My usage with my previous companies has been more or less constant (within 2 or 3 %) over many years. My previous years costs were approx £1800 p.a. When submitting my consumption figure to Bulb they suggested likely savings of £350 p.a. - hence I switched, encouraged by Martin Lewis MoneyExpert.com (or whatever).
    My summer consumption (I am electricity only) is in line with their suggestions of an annual bill of perhaps £1450. However they are recommending a monthly debit of £211.+!!! This equates to approximately £2500 p.a. i.e. £650 p.a. MORE than my previous supplier. I telephoned 'enquiries' but was unable to get a satisfactory explanation... Any views anyone?

Hi there, as this a public board if you are confused over any consumption/billing related issue it bests to send a detailed email to help@bulb.co.uk and i'm sure we can help.