IHD finally working - BUT showing incorrect pricing — Bulb Community

IHD finally working - BUT showing incorrect pricing

So. I think I've experienced many the same problems as others on the forums. IHD installed, first showed gas and no electric. Filled in the form and after 48 hours I now have a good working IDH.

Except - the pricing information for the standing charges and kWh costs for both fuels on the IHD are wrong.

If I go through the settings menu on the IHD I see the following:

Gas: Standing charge 20.44p/day - 3.37p/kWh
Elec: Standing charge 20.44p/day - 13.58p/kWh

But my latest bill shows:

Gas: Standing charge 19.47p/day - 3.21p/kWh
Elec: Standing charge 19.47p/day - 12.94p/kWh

I know this isn't a significant difference but when the IHD shows usage primarily in cash spend versus the set budget, it's not giving an accurate picture if the costs are all wrong is it?

Comments

• The IHD is showing the unit price + vat @ 5%.

Your bill will be adding vat towards the end?
  • What form, please?
  • @Phillip_PAL - that might just explain it... but it's a doozy if that's the case.

@Bobbybenthall - when I login to my Bulb account, I have a link on the home screen that tells me clearly I have a smart meter with a green button to report an IHD not showing usage. Kudos to Bulb - link was clicked and after 48hrs my IHD was working. Now... will I be asked to provide meter readings this month? I strongly suspect so.
  • vinnym70 said:

@Phillip_PAL - that might just explain it... but it's a doozy if that's the case.

@Bobbybenthall - when I login to my Bulb account, I have a link on the home screen that tells me clearly I have a smart meter with a green button to report an IHD not showing usage. Kudos to Bulb - link was clicked and after 48hrs my IHD was working. Now... will I be asked to provide meter readings this month? I strongly suspect so.

• I reported ‘not working’ using this button, which now no longer appears, but nothing happened after the 48 hours and I still have only gas usage showing. Isn’t it about time someone got to grips with this fiasco? Where are statements/apologies from Hayden and Amit? My installation was in early April!!!
  • Thank you but there is no green button on my Bulb account to say I have a smart meter. I did find a form via one of the other comments which I have accessed, however confidence levels in finding out when this will be resolved are low because I don't even know if Bulb have acknowledged I have a problem. Guess it is estimates for the time being although Gas estimate is way off what 12 months data shows...
  • vinnym70 said:

@Phillip_PAL - that might just explain it... but it's a doozy if that's the case.

It DOES explain it. There's no "might" about it.

Why is it "a doozy"? Whatever that is? As you say you want the IHD to be giving an accurate picture which means including VAT. The bill, as is typical, adds VAT at the end. Obvious really.
  • Hi All,

After smart meters are installed, it can generally take around 48 hours for the information to be updated. If you've let us know about the issues, we will be working on a fix, but this can take a few weeks.