Smart meter not sending meter readings — Bulb Community

Smart meter not sending meter readings

What is the latest on the smart meter problems? My online account is still not showing any usage readings despite having g had a smart meter for a good few months. My display has finally started showing my actual usage. Is this going to be fixed soon?
Thanks

Comments

• I've just had the third bill based on estimated readings since the smart meters were installed in March. Bulb have assured me that the meters are sending actual readings, and Bulb are receiving them. But they can't integrate them with their billing system for the time being. Unfortunately when the smart meters were installed they removed the "enter meter readings" button from my dashboard in anticipation of it all working as it should.
  • C'mon bulb. Everything else you do is great!
  • @ScottLo @christos_1 , that is exactly what is happening.

We are working on a fix for it though, so just let us know via email that you're having these issues and we will raise it with our smart team.
  • Yeah I'm getting fed up with having to run out to the meter, unplugged my smart meter because it is pointless
  • My smart meter is now giving bulb readings. I can see it in my account but the little in home display is useless. Since whatever update bulb did it no longer tells me my current electricity usage. I very rarely receive an updated energy usage on it and it just constantly says "waiting for current data". Bit pointless having it. Before anyone suggests it, the in house display is within 2 metres of both electrical and gas meters.
  • @ScottLo @christos_1 , that is exactly what is happening.

We are working on a fix for it though, so just let us know via email that you're having these issues and we will raise it with our smart team.

Don’t use the old line working on a fix, try responding to emails and keep customers up to date! Fix the problem and until you do put the option to submit manual readings back on the accounts. I am pretty close to contacting the ombudsman
  • Jeff66 said:

until you do put the option to submit manual readings back on the accounts.

They have done exactly that. There is a submit readings button on the energy usage tab, at the bottom of the list of readings.
    Jeff66 said:

I am pretty close to contacting the ombudsman

Seriously? What material loss have you suffered? Come on, you're complaining about a broken automatic meter readings system. Even if you have to manually submit readings for a while longer, you're no worse off than you were with the traditional meters.

I understand it's annoying and frustrating, but at the end of the day you can safely just ignore the whole thing until such a time as the backend software is fixed. Just submit manual monthly readings as you have done for years, it's no big deal. All your bills will still be correct.

The aim of an ombudsman is to ensure you are put back in the financial position you would have been in had the error not occurred. What exactly do you propose the ombudsman does given you've suffered no financial loss and everything still works no worse than it always has done?
  • Hooloovoo said:

Jeff66 said:

until you do put the option to submit manual readings back on the accounts.

They have done exactly that. There is a submit readings button on the energy usage tab, at the bottom of the list of readings.

Ok let’s start answering this
    Firstly there is a button on the website not the app! Some of us work for a living rather than spend our time as keyboard warriors.
    Jeff66 said:

I am pretty close to contacting the ombudsman

Seriously? What material loss have you suffered? Come on, you're complaining about a broken automatic meter readings system. Even if you have to manually submit readings for a while longer, you're no worse off than you were with the traditional meters.

I understand it's annoying and frustrating, but at the end of the day you can safely just ignore the whole thing until such a time as the backend software is fixed. Just submit manual monthly readings as you have done for years, it's no big deal. All your bills will still be correct.

The aim of an ombudsman is to ensure you are put back in the financial position you would have been in had the error not occurred. What exactly do you propose the ombudsman does given you've suffered no financial loss and everything still works no worse than it always has done?
    What a load of rubbish. You are trying to tell me that months of estimates and mixed up readings won’t result in over charging. Of course energy companies have never been caught overcharging accidentally on purpose, oh wait hang on ........... Finally did I ask for your opinion on my thoughts and possible actions?
    If I feel that months of being ignored and fobbed off with the same repeated excuses doesn’t come to a point that they need holding to account for their failures by the organisation that are there to stop them doing things like this, then that’s my choice.
  • Jeff66 said:

What a load of rubbish. You are trying to tell me that months of estimates and mixed up readings won’t result in over charging. Of course energy companies have never been caught overcharging accidentally on purpose, oh wait hang on ...........

The ombudsman will only take action when you've actually been overcharged and Bulb have not resolved the issue. They're not going to be interested in your worry that something might happen. Given that charges are based on meter readings with only one mathematically correct result, no, I do not believe that it will result in any overcharging.
    Jeff66 said:

Finally did I ask for your opinion on my thoughts and possible actions?

Yes, you did precisely that by the very nature of posting on this public community discussion forum.
    Jeff66 said:

If I feel that months of being ignored and fobbed off with the same repeated excuses doesn’t come to a point that they need holding to account for their failures by the organisation that are there to stop them doing things like this, then that’s my choice.

Which is fine, make a formal complaint. But until you've suffered some quantifiable loss, the ombudsman isn't going to be interested. Maybe you'll be awarded some small token amount that Bulb would probably offer you anyway. Wasting everybody's time doesn't seem the most productive path towards a problem getting fixed.

• Hooloovoo said:

Jeff66 said:

What a load of rubbish. You are trying to tell me that months of estimates and mixed up readings won’t result in over charging. Of course energy companies have never been caught overcharging accidentally on purpose, oh wait hang on ...........

The ombudsman will only take action when you've actually been overcharged and Bulb have not resolved the issue. They're not going to be interested in your worry that something might happen. Given that charges are based on meter readings with only one mathematically correct result, no, I do not believe that it will result in any overcharging.
    Jeff66 said:

Finally did I ask for your opinion on my thoughts and possible actions?

Yes, you did precisely that by the very nature of posting on this public community discussion forum.
    Jeff66 said:

Which is fine, make a formal complaint. But until you've suffered some quantifiable loss, the ombudsman isn't going to be interested. Maybe you'll be awarded some small token amount that Bulb would probably offer you anyway. Wasting everybody's time doesn't seem the most productive path towards a problem getting fixed.

Please don’t judge me by your pathetic standards I have no interest in any “award”
    Also at no point did I ask a question, I made a statement!
    There are plenty of cases of overcharging I have been victim to one such case so don’t patronise me. It took months to get the overpayment returned by which time they will have made an amount of interest on my money. Multiply that by however many customers comes to a nice little earner. No need to reply thank you !!!!
  • edited August 20
    Jeff66 said:

Please don’t judge me by your pathetic standards I have no interest in any “award”

Then what do you hope the ombudsman will achieve? Give them a slap on the wrist and tell them not to do it again?
    Jeff66 said:

Also at no point did I ask a question, I made a statement!

And statements are a starting point for discussion, particularly on a public discussion forum.
    Jeff66 said:

No need to reply thank you !!!!

Well, you're getting one anyway, since you're not the arbiter of posts on a discussion forum.