Smart Meter Readings — Bulb Community

Smart Meter Readings

why is the readings i send from my smart meter (which is already set to Kwph) then on my bill the difference between my last reading and this one is used to convert to to Kwph, this is very confusing

Comments

• edited June 21
    You need to contact Bulb directly about this as they could be considerably over-charging you if they are treating your reported gas kwh as cubic metres of gas.
  • @IZZYWHIZZY Your meter is m3 for gas, but we convert this into kWh to charge you. This is because the energy value of gas changes over time so the energy of the gas used does not always equal the volume of gas used.

You should be sending us readings in m3 though from your meter. Here is a guide which may help you read the meters https://help.bulb.co.uk/hc/en-us/articles/115001232832-How-do-I-read-my-meter-
  • Dan. My smart meter gives me a choice for both my gas and electric and I have been sending my readings in kWh does this mean I have been overcharged!!!
  • Dan. My smart meter gives me a choice for both my gas and electric and I have been sending my readings in kWh does this mean I have been overcharged!!!

You need to read the meters themselves, not the In Home Display.

It sounds like, yes, you have been submitting the wrong values for quite some time.
  • You need to read the meters themselves, not the In Home Display
    I'm sure that is good advice in this case. In my case the IHD displays the gas meter reading in cubic metres and I can't get it to show kWh.
  • I am reading the meters they are the new smart meters
  • I am reading the meters they are the new smart meters

Ok. Could you please clarify what you mean by this statement ...

Dan. My smart meter gives me a choice for both my gas and electric and I have been sending my readings in kWh does this mean I have been overcharged!!!

Your "smart meter" doesn't give you a choice of anything. The electric smart meter gives you the electric reading, and the gas smart meter gives you the gas reading. The "In Home Display" is capable of telling you both values, and that's where you have the option. The problem is the measurement units on the IHD might be kWh or might be raw meter readings, depending on what you select.

To be sure it's best to read the actual meters themselves, where is where you certainly do not have a choice of what to display.

Are you reading the actual meters? As in, the things physically connected to your incoming electric and gas supplies?
  • Some gas meters supplied by other energy providers allow you to toggle between screens displaying volume and kWh. Secure brand I think.