Electric smart meter not recognised by Bulb. — Bulb Community

Electric smart meter not recognised by Bulb.

I had Gas/Electric smart meters installed in Feb and as most people the Display unit only showed Electric for about a week, then would not connect at all.And still wont.
Bulb say my gas meter is sending readings, But my electric isnt, so when I try to submit readings the number is a lot lower than my old meter, so its not accepted. I have been chatting to Bulb and they cant even send an engineer out to commission the meter so its installation is finished.
I got the smart meters as I had an electric car on order and wanted to track the usage so I could pay the extra I used, cant do that.
Bulb are saying there is nothing they can do and are working on it, I know there are many posts on this, whats the latest?
If I move away, will the new supplier be able to give me electric as i cant send a final figure? and will the new supplier be able to get these meters working with the display?
Thanks.

Comments

• R1KSU said:

as i cant send a final figure?

Why not? Just read the meters manually as you've always done, until the automatic readings are working.
  • edited July 8
    I was waiting for you to reply @Hooloovoo , I know technically im providing the correct reading, But atm Bulb cant input that figure, so If I left the auto readings wouldnt work.
  • R1KSU said:

I was waiting for you to reply @Hooloovoo , I know technically im providing the correct reading, But atm Bulb cant input that figure, so If I left the auto readings wouldnt work.

You give the final/opening readings to the new supplier, who pass them on to 'the industry', who then validate them and pass them onto Bulb..

..I think ;)
  • edited July 8
    R1KSU said:

As @phproxy said, you give opening readings to the new supplier, who then pass them onto Bulb. So it doesn't matter that Bulb can't enter your readings. Well, at least not in terms of switching. I suppose there might be some interesting problems in trying to get your final bill and refund from Bulb.

EDIT: I think the bigger problem is that your new electric meter hasn't been registered correctly. By which I mean on the supplier database (or whatever it's called), not specifically anything to do with smart functionality. If it's still showing you the old meter serial number, and not the new serial number with the most recent reading being zero, then that will likely cause a lot of confusion when trying to switch.
  • The new meter is working, its got a new reading, its just a lot lower than the old meter, undersatandably, I have mentioned to Bulb about compensation...they agreed to when it started until they sort it !!
  • Hooloovoo said:

R1KSU said:

As @phproxy said, you give opening readings to the new supplier, who then pass them onto Bulb. So it doesn't matter that Bulb can't enter your readings. Well, at least not in terms of switching. I suppose there might be some interesting problems in trying to get your final bill and refund from Bulb.

EDIT: I think the bigger problem is that your new electric meter hasn't been registered correctly. By which I mean on the supplier database (or whatever it's called), not specifically anything to do with smart functionality. If it's still showing you the old meter serial number, and not the new serial number with the most recent reading being zero, then that will likely cause a lot of confusion when trying to switch.
    ECOES for electricity, XOServe for gas ☺️

You’re kinda right. It sounds to me like the meter operator (people who came to install the meter, I believe it was Siemens who did mine) haven’t sent the correct data flows to Bulb, so the new meter may not be installed on the system so to speak. In turn, this also means it’s not going to be on ECOES and the meter won’t be being read because it’s not registered to anything.

@op, check to see if the new meter serial number is showing on your bill.

It could also be to do with this email I got the other day -

Your smart meter readings aren’t showing in your Bulb account. We’d like to change your meter settings so your readings are sent to us automatically every day. We think this will fix this problem.

If you’re happy for us to make this change, you don’t need to reply to this email. We’ll go ahead and change your meter settings in a week.

If you don’t want us to make this change, or you’d like to switch back to monthly readings in the future, you can let us know by replying to this email.