Assumed Annual Energy usage doubled — Bulb Community

Assumed Annual Energy usage doubled

Why has my estimated electricity usage doubled for no reason, I originally entered around 4000 per year but it's been increased to 8730.

Also, why aren't any of my actual electricity readings being saved, my gas ones are.

Comments

• Hi @Riamu,

Once you've switched, Bulb is provided with an 'estimated yearly consumption' figure from the regulator based on prior usage of the meter - it'll be this estimate they are using (and, if you provide readings, the estimate will change to suit your usage - if you've recently moved in, it may be based on the previous occupants).

If the meter readings aren't being saved, then they are probably being rejected by the regulator by being 'outside expected boundaries' (again, based on their estimates). If you drop Bulb an email at help@bulb.co.uk with a photograph of your meter showing the reading (and, ideally, the serial number on the meter as well if it is visible), then they'll be able to override the regulators database and get things sorted for you going forwards.
  • What's surprising is if it is the case everything you mentioned, then I've had zero communication from bulb. I would have thought my readings being rejected is rather important to be contacted about.
  • RichyB said:

Hi @Riamu,

Once you've switched, Bulb is provided with an 'estimated yearly consumption' figure from the regulator based on prior usage of the meter - it'll be this estimate they are using (and, if you provide readings, the estimate will change to suit your usage - if you've recently moved in, it may be based on the previous occupants).

If the meter readings aren't being saved, then they are probably being rejected by the regulator by being 'outside expected boundaries' (again, based on their estimates). If you drop Bulb an email at help@bulb.co.uk with a photograph of your meter showing the reading (and, ideally, the serial number on the meter as well if it is visible), then they'll be able to override the regulators database and get things sorted for you going forwards.

Thank you for the response though, I'll make sure to email them