Move a gas metre — Bulb Community

Move a gas metre

Hi, I am wanting to move an external gas metre by around 1m, bow would I get a price for this please?

Comments

• Hi @Rachel0510 ,

You might find the help article https://help.bulb.co.uk/hc/en-us/articles/360019786431-How-can-I-get-my-meter-moved- (found by searching Help for 'move') useful. It gives the prices for moving 1m on the same wall - and also gives details of who you need to contact if you are moving it further than 1m, through/to another wall or if it's a semi-concealed meter.
  • You need to be more precise as to distance. Up to 1 metre and over 1 metre are treated differently.
  • Thank you. It's an external metre being moved to a new wall 90cm away.
  • This is what Bulb say about moving a meter to a different wall:
    First, contact your network operator, as they may need to move pipes or wiring before we can re-situate the meter. The Energy Networks Association provide information on how to find your network operator.

To get the meter moved in one day, book a morning slot with the network operator, and contact us to book an engineer for the same afternoon. Please allow 10-working days notice for us to schedule the booking.

The cost of this move is £185.21 for gas and £120 for electricity. There may be an additional cost from the distributor.