National 'heat map' of Bulb-ers — Bulb Community

National 'heat map' of Bulb-ers

I was wondering whether it might be possible for @Will at Bulb and the team to create a 'heat map' showing the concentration of Bulb customers around the country, maybe only down to the basic postcode level (e.g. SW1)?

Something like this:

We have a pocket of very motivated parents in SE23 who are already customers or who have joined recently, and we are actively referring others so there could be some fun competitiveness to have the 'hottest' area.

What do you think?

Comments

• Percentage of referral payments to thirstforwine!!
    Clever idea!
  • Nice idea. @Ashwin at Bulb, this is your area of expertise. Do you think we could knock something like this up?
  • Percentage of referral payments to thirstforwine!!
    Clever idea!

Well, if you insist :)

Actually I'm due to make £200 in the next month and have pledged to give it to charity, so any extras are welcome
  • Nice one that man! Don't give all of it to charity. Hold £30 back for wine!!
  • Hold £30 back for wine!!

I make that from what I save on my bills ;)

How 'on message' can one get? ;)
  • Definitely make sure you have enough for wine ;)

I just had a chat with Ashwin who is one of our data gurus, and he reckons we should be able to knock something like this up. I think it's a really cool idea, especially if it gets a bit of competition between areas going. I've also added it to the ideas section of the roadmap too - https://trello.com/c/97Jp95bm/40-national-heat-map-of-bulb-ers-🗺
  • There's usually enough left over for a celebratory glass of something, don't worry! Hopefully we can share one together soon.

Look forward to seeing our area as a green 'hot spot' on the 'heat map' in the near future ... then it makes it easier to promote as a local campaign as opposed to "sign up so I can earn cash" message :)

which reminds me of another idea, but I'll save that one for now.

Happy weekend! Cheers all
  • Does this mean I get the whole of Scotland to myself? :sunglasses:

Bring ze referrals!
  • Looks like we need everyone to vote for this! Not sure if developments are solely driven by votes, but if we do, it can only help. If you like the idea, then sign-up to Trello and give it a :+1:
  • Great work guys! Keep doing what your doing :) @gavinramsay hopefully you will be sharing Scotland with some more bulb pals soon
  • Yep, I would like to see such a map...
  • Does this mean I get the whole of Scotland to myself? :sunglasses:

Bring ze referrals!

I hate to spoil your dominance so we will have to split it 50% each :-)
  • edited April 24
    I got my first legit referral today from a neighbour (yay)

Expanding on this, I was wondering if there was some kind of 'family tree' of you referral link. Like a tree which shows your direct referrals, then any of your referees who subsequently get their own referrals and see how your message spreads would be a cool idea.
  • This is a cool idea @FromTheValleys !

We have actually done this before for the team. The only problem I can think of is that we couldn't share our member's names but we could create some kind of referral tree visualisation.

How would you want this information displayed? And where should we put the information - in the Bulb account perhaps?
  • edited April 26

This is a cool idea @FromTheValleys !

We have actually done this before for the team. The only problem I can think of is that we couldn't share our member's names but we could create some kind of referral tree visualisation.

How would you want this information displayed? And where should we put the information - in the Bulb account perhaps?

Yeah that would be cool. Or even in my referrals dashboard, talk about secondary referrals. Be careful as to not confuse people, but a sub section away from it.

Maybe keep it to the websites, but then you could give a list of tier 2 referrals, and possibly tier 3 referrals just as a numbered list.
  • edited May 16
    @Eleanor at Bulb this morning I came up with an easier and much better way of doing this.

On peoples dashboards simply have 'you have referred x people" and your referees have referred y people, thanks for spreading the bulb message or something like that.
  • Super simple and very Bulby. I like it! I've passed this over to our data and Bulb account team to have a think about. Thanks @FromTheValleys - keep the ideas coming.