Topping up Infinity — Bulb Community

Topping up Infinity

edited January 3 in Everything but Bulb
Sadly I don't have infinity pounds in my bank account to try this but I wonder what happens if you click submit...

InfinityTopUp

(you can't type letters into the box - it does this itself if you try and put in a really large number)

Comments

• Go on - you know you want to. ;)
  • 198kHz said:

Go on - you know you want to. ;)

I'm tempted to almost empty one of my accounts, change my card details to that one, and then try, but that seems like a lot of hassle.

I'm sure @Will at Bulb can try it for me if he doesn't already know what it will do :grin:
  • edited January 5
    mowcius said:

198kHz said:

Go on - you know you want to. ;)

I'm tempted to almost empty one of my accounts, change my card details to that one, and then try, but that seems like a lot of hassle.

I'm sure @Will at Bulb can try it for me if he doesn't already know what it will do :grin:
    You want me to wipe out your bank account for you? ... Well if that's what you really want ;)

I'm pretty sure it would either not be accepted by our payment processor, or it would fail due to insufficient funds if it did get through to your bank. I've asked one of our engineers if he has a better idea, so when he gets back to me on that I'll let you know.

It seems like an odd design choice to have "infinity" show anyway, so maybe we should patch that up too. I'll raise it, but I don't think it'll be the highest priority thing on our list :)

• Yep. It just makes an error message. How boring :) It's a rubbish error message, so we'll make that better too.

• It's a rubbish error message, so we'll make that better too

Based on that error message, what happens if you try and top up 1.0000000000000003e+219? (the largest number I can get the box to show.

Perhaps limit the input box to 4 numeric characters?

• Remove the 0's and add more 9's to the exponent... 9e+99999999999999999
  • @martin7906, did you manage to get it to show this? As soon as I tried to edit the exponent, it cleared the box. It also won't let you type non-numeric characters in.