Feed in tarrif — Bulb Community

Feed in tarrif

Can you please update when Bulb is going to introduce the feed in tariffs for Solar panels.....
I prefer the have everything at one supplier.
Thanks

Comments

• Hi @hadewijch

We haven't set a date for it yet. It's definitely something we want to do, but the answer is "probably next year, but not for a little while".

Hope this helps,

Will
  • edited April 2017
    HI

I have a company here installing solar at my home today (4.7kw system) does bulb yet support a feed in tariff?
  • Hey @cdanks thanks for getting in touch - that's awesome that you're getting solar panels!

Bulb aren't a FiT licensee at the moment, however it is completely fine to have one supplier manage your FiT readings and payments, whilst another manages your 'import' supply from the grid - ie. Bulb. Everything will continue as normal with your FiTs - I suspect you send in quarterly readings and are paid for your generation. We'll manage your import side completely separately from this, so will ask for regular readings to ensure we charge you correctly. 

as Will mentioned above we're looking to set up with it soon but we have a couple of other things to manage first before its top of the priority list.

Hope they prove a great investment :smiley:
  • Hey Evie, can you please advise what the 'couple of other things' are that you are managing prior to FiT, solar should be a basic requirement for every household and Bulb should be supporting this initiative. Even though you stand to make less revenue it is the right thing to do for a green energy provider.

Why not commit to meeting a date for providing this service to customers? Would be a good look.

Thanks, MJP.
  • Hi MJP, FiT is something we will certainly do in the future, however at the moment it isn't our top priority, there are plenty of other FiT licensees around that can help with those payments.
    Thanks
    James
  • It would be great if you can do this.. I haven't been able to find any other way to do FIT that doesn't involve me changing electricity provider and I like Bulb! British Gas who my installer registered me with are to be frank completely incompetent (it took *6 months* to get my last payment!).
  • @TonyHoyle agreed on the importance of Bulb doing FiT, but one quick note: It is completely fine to have one supplier manage your FiT readings and payments, whilst another manages your 'import' supply from the grid - ie. Bulb. Everything would continue as normal with your FiTs.
  • TonyHoyle said:

It would be great if you can do this.. I haven't been able to find any other way to do FIT that doesn't involve me changing electricity provider and I like Bulb! British Gas who my installer registered me with are to be frank completely incompetent (it took *6 months* to get my last payment!).

It took SSE the best part of 8 years to get to the point of mine actually arriving in my bank account without me having to intercede in the process - you have a long way to go yet. I submitted my end of June readings before I went back to sea and when I came back, after nearly 3 months, the payment hadn't come through. On phoning it transpired it had been attributed to my old, apparently closed, account.

I do hope that Bulb's current level of service doesn't deteriorate to the level of the Big 6 as they expand.
  • linesrg said:

I do hope that Bulb's current level of service doesn't deteriorate to the level of the Big 6 as they expand.

I think we're all hoping the same. Bulb seem pretty confident they'll be able to keep things as good if not better in the future.

• edited December 2017
    Yes @linesrg and @mowcius -- the mantra is sustainable growth.