Community versus Direct Contact With Bulb Team — Bulb Community

Community versus Direct Contact With Bulb Team

I wonder why Bulb customers use the Community forum to discuss issues which are unique to them, such as requesting a refund, specific queries on their accounts, direct debits etc? Do they use the Community forum because they are unaware they can contact the Bulb Team as mentioned in https://help.bulb.co.uk/hc/en-us .

Just a suggestion, would it be useful on the "Sitemap" to add new link "Contact Us" which points to https://help.bulb.co.uk/hc/en-us/articles/115001240291-How-can-I-get-in-touch-with-Bulb- . Or are Bulb Customers landing on that page but using the Community forum rather than contact the Bulb team direct.

Comments

• When looking to switch from my previous supplier, one of the deciding factors was the amount of clearly presented information on the Bulb site.
    Horses and water come to mind... ;)
  • Hi guys, @Allanr that's a good shout regarding making our contact details more obviously linked, I've flagged it up to our tech team. @198kHz your point is important to. We're hoping that, if we've got all the info out on our community, anyone looking for help on any of the issues they run into or info about any of their Bulb related questions will be able to find those questions already answered
  • edited December 2018
    Customers are still posting their personal circumstances on the Community forum.

Could a note be added to the Community home pages to advise posters that their post will be seen by many other customers and that they should not include personal details? :s
  • Heya @Allanr

@David at Bulb has flagged this with the tech team. But we have made the decision not to add our contact details at top of our Community page. This is because we're really keen to get our members tp use the help page before contacting us.

I've written a longer post about this here. It explains what we're doing to help our members.
  • @David at Bulb has flagged this with the tech team. But we have made the decision not to add our contact details at top of our Community page. This is because we're really keen to get our members tp use the help page before contacting us.

I've written a longer post about this here. It explains what we're doing to help our members.

This doesn't seem to relate to @Allanr asking:
    Allanr said:

Customers are still posting their personal circumstances on the Community forum.

Could a note be added to the Community home pages to advise posters that their post will be seen by many other customers and that they should not include personal details? :s

• edited December 2018
    [EDITED] @Hooloovoo this is something we have raised with our tech team and design team. When changes are made to our community page, we'll be able to make this clearer and improve our flagging system.
  • edited December 2018

@Hooloovoo this is something we have raised with our tech team and design team. When changes are made to our community page, we'll be able to make this clearer and improve our flagging system.

Hooloovoo has correctly identified my last query.

@Eleanor at Bulb for clarity when you say "this can be something...." was this meant to say "this is something ......"?
  • @Eleanor at Bulb I think I know the point your aiming at ! Correct me if I am wrong !

The more customers use the online help section to find answers / solutions ! , in turn means that customer services team phone lines will be less clogged up ! So if a customer in rare situations can not find the answer they need , then if they ring customer services they're likely to get a faster response maybe ?
  • Hey @UnitedInCare

We want to make things as simple as possible for our members. The Help Centre is often the quickest way to get the help you need.

You're right in that the fewer emails and calls we receive, the quicker we'll be able to help our members. That said, it's our job to make sure our capacity matches the inflow. We do hate to keep our members waiting.

If you have any suggestions on how to make the Help Centre or Bulb account better, please let us know!