Smart meter — Bulb Community

Smart meter

Can I get a smart meter

Comments

• We aren’t offering smart meters just yet but will be rolling out second-generation smart meters to our members from late-2018.

This is because currently mostly first-generation smart meters are being installed in the UK right now. If we installed one of these on your wall and you changed energy supplier you wouldn’t always be able to use the smart meter's functionalities.

We think it’d be a bit unfair to do that to our members, so we will begin installing second-generation meters as soon as we can get them and they will be able to communicate with any supplier.

• I would also like a smart meter. With increasing tariffs, and the fact this smart meter is taking considerable time to roll out, it does make switching suppliers a more attractive option, which would be a shame as I think Bulb are great!
  • @samuel6181 & @Mammab If you would like to be part of our beta test for smart meters, fill out this form if you are/become a member https://docs.google.com/forms/u/0/d/10kQ9xBGxZPDNPs5EWkk-8oEDNDvCj-VMWVfTNUzW5b0/edit?usp=forms_home&ths=true