We're bringing you smart meters, but not quite yet - New Blog Post — Bulb Community

We're bringing you smart meters, but not quite yet - New Blog Post

We’ll have second-generation Smart Meters (SMETS2) ready to start installing in members' homes by the end of 2018. Exciting stuff.

These new smart meters will speak directly to us so you don’t have to manually update your meter readings. Better still, if you choose to change supplier in the future, they'll continue to work smartly.

We've written an update on our blog here to explain why our smart meter roll out is delayed.

Questions on smart meters? We're not surprised - We've answered some of these in the FAQs section at the bottom of the blog post. But if you don't spot yours there, let us know in the thread here. Or if you'd just like to chat smart meters more generally, be our guest.

https://bulb.co.uk/blog/were-bringing-you-smart-meters-but-not-quite-yet-heres-why

Comments

• edited August 3
    Oh you are a tease with your stock image (of an IHD that doesn't actually exist...)
    We’re running a pilot scheme with a few thousand installations from now until the end of November.
    Who do I have to poke to ensure I can get in on this? (@Will at Bulb?)

Are these all the same meters, or a few different ones from different suppliers? Can you reveal which one/ones you're testing now if they're going out to customers?
  • @mowcius

If you have signed up to the trial we we get in touch as soon as we get to you in the queue :)

We will be revealing all at a later date with regards to which types of smart meters we will be installing.
  • What new types of tariff are you going to offer to make a smart meter worth having?
  • Hi @bulb I'd like to be a part of the smart meter trial too if poss. I may have already tried to sign up to the trial list but can't remember for certain.

One question about the tech - will the smart metering also include gas meters?
  • crawford said:

What new types of tariff are you going to offer to make a smart meter worth having?

Does this answer your question https://bulb.co.uk/tariff/
  • @mowcius

If you have signed up to the trial we we get in touch as soon as we get to you in the queue :)

We will be revealing all at a later date with regards to which types of smart meters we will be installing.

If you want feedback, it might be more useful to get active forum members on board ;)

What kind of representation will your economy 7 users have in the trial?
  • We were offered a smart meter by a previous supplier but when it came to replacing the old meter, we were told by the technician that it would not work because the signal was too weak and unreliable in our area. We do not want a smart meter anyway but would we be forced to have one if the technical difficulties are overcome?
  • Ginger said:

We were offered a smart meter by a previous supplier but when it came to replacing the old meter, we were told by the technician that it would not work because the signal was too weak and unreliable in our area. We do not want a smart meter anyway but would we be forced to have one if the technical difficulties are overcome?

You can refuse to have a smart meter.
  • I've just joined Bulb. Switch taking place this month. Is it too late to get involved in the second generation smart meter trial/pilot?
  • edited August 5
    Ginger said:

We were offered a smart meter by a previous supplier but when it came to replacing the old meter, we were told by the technician that it would not work because the signal was too weak and unreliable in our area. We do not want a smart meter anyway but would we be forced to have one if the technical difficulties are overcome?

You can choose not to have them. Some of the big 6 have been using rather pushy tactics to "encourage" users to get them but Bulb have stated numerous times that you're welcome to decline the offer when the rollout starts.
    On the signal situation, there are a number of solutions that are going to have to be employed across the country to get those in more remote areas/areas with worse mobile signal connected, but so far a lot of suppliers have not been wanting to put in the effort (and extra money) to make those edge cases work.

@mowcius

If you want feedback, it might be more useful to get active forum members on board ;)
    I think @DanP at Bulb just loves to decline my requests for information. To be fair, I do keep sneaking my questions in threads he's not already in to see if I can get a different opinion from another member of the team :wink:

Previously though it has seemed like Bulb were very keen to get feedback on their ideas and developments, sharing things whenever possible, but increasingly they seem to be going for the hush hush approach, perhaps thinking that their members will prefer to receive "surprises".
    There was very little that seemed to be off limits when I asked some questions at their HQ earlier in the year, but now anything that's not been publically announced seems to be a no-go topic.
  • Allanr said:

Ginger said:

You can refuse to have a smart meter.

PS

I should have added in my one liner above, that official OFGEM information on smart meters can be found at: https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/consumers/household-gas-and-electricity-guide/understand-smart-prepayment-and-other-energy-meters/smart-meters-your-rights

In particular it mentions:

Do I have to have a smart meter?

While we and the government think that all consumers will benefit from smart meters, they aren’t compulsory and you can choose not to have one.

Choosing not to have a smart meter may mean you don’t have access to all the available tariffs on the market, some of which could be cheaper.

If you don’t want to have a smart meter now, you will still be able to have one installed for free at a later date.
  • Morning all - Lots of discussion about this over the weekend, I'll try to answer some of the questions you asked.

@crawford - We're looking at this at the moment and the results and feedback from the trial will likely give us more information on how adding a Smart Meter can be worthwhile financially - One of our core principles is that we want everything to be simple though, and I can't see us changing that any time soon.

@Frank, @Ultra_Disco_Stu_78 , @mowcius - I've added you all to our trial list, we'll be in touch when we start installing and we'd love your feedback. Gas meters will be involved in the Smart trial too, @katherine244 - we'd love your feedback as well - We can amend the configuration of a SMETS2 meter to have economy 7 as well, and it is certainly something we'd be looking at for our members.

@Ginger - we certainly don't want to install a SMART meter in your home if it wouldn't get any signal - @mowcius is quite right that some suppliers have just tried hard to install as many meters as they can and pay little attention to if the signal will actually reach it - this causes more problems than it solves and is definitely something we don't want happening with our member base. You can always refuse a Smart meter if you don't want one either.

Finally, @mowcius - we know it looks like we've got our cards close to our chests at the minute - to be honest there are still quite a few things we're working on before firm decisions on the IHD and meters we install are going to be, that said we do want to start making the community and forums more proactive and open, and we'll be working to increase community engagement on this.
  • @Bill at Bulb I was wondering if I could be added to the pilot scheme?

• @Frank, @Ultra_Disco_Stu_78 , @mowcius - I've added you all to our trial list, we'll be in touch when we start installing and we'd love your feedback. Gas meters will be involved in the Smart trial too, @katherine244 - we'd love your feedback as well - We can amend the configuration of a SMETS2 meter to have economy 7 as well, and it is certainly something we'd be looking at for our members.

@Ginger - we certainly don't want to install a SMART meter in your home if it wouldn't get any signal - @mowcius is quite right that some suppliers have just tried hard to install as many meters as they can and pay little attention to if the signal will actually reach it - this causes more problems than it solves and is definitely something we don't want happening with our member base. You can always refuse a Smart meter if you don't want one either.

Finally, @mowcius - we know it looks like we've got our cards close to our chests at the minute - to be honest there are still quite a few things we're working on before firm decisions on the IHD and meters we install are going to be, that said we do want to start making the community and forums more proactive and open, and we'll be working to increase community engagement on this.

I know you can remap them for Economy 7, but I assume that multi rate tariffs are going to be using a different code path than single rate ones, so it's probably important to include some economy 7 users in your trial?
  • I have solar panels on our house with a contract to a different energy company. Will your smart meter set-up handle this. Happy to be a guinea pig if that would help.
  • Hi @Winslowboy, Hi

Bulb is a voluntary FIT licensee and can only provide feed-in tariff arrangements for Bulb members. Your generated electricity and imported electricity are completely separate and it's not uncommon to have one supplier manage your generation while another manages your imported electricity.

We're currently running a BETA test for our generating members that are keen to take part in the early development stages of our FIT program. If you're up for helping us create the best FIT experience in the industry, follow this link to signing up- https://goo.gl/forms/Vojuhh9I3VJNLMGs1.

Someone from our FIT team will contact you to start the sign-up process.
  • @katherine244 - we'll definitely be looking at Eco-7 tariffs as well, and seeing how we can interact with our Eco-7 users to encourage more usage at the lower rate.
  • I would love to be on the trial, and my Dad who has just joined too, Beth & Bill Waller
  • Hi Chris at Bulb - the FIT BETA is no longer accepting applications - at least not on the link you included in your reply to earlier post. I'll leave changing my FIT contract to Bulb until the Smart Meter situation and tariffs are clearer, as there's no immediate advantage to me (as far as I can see) to make the change any earlier.
  • Smart meters are a complete waste of money. They've cost the tax payer billions (around £420 per household) - which could have been given to each household to use against energy bills. Studies have shown that the novelty soon wears off - after a short time consumers don't bother to check their gas and electricity usage and they've probably only shaved £10 a year off bills. They occasionally give the wrong readings and can be hacked. Sorry to hear that Bulb is going ahead with their installation - sad waste of resources, time and money.
  • Why are people here so desperate to get a 'smart meter' - some will do anything for a 'freebie' even if it's totally useless.
  • KateA said:

Smart meters are a complete waste of money. They've cost the tax payer billions (around £420 per household) - which could have been given to each household to use against energy bills. Studies have shown that the novelty soon wears off - after a short time consumers don't bother to check their gas and electricity usage and they've probably only shaved £10 a year off bills. They occasionally give the wrong readings and can be hacked. Sorry to hear that Bulb is going ahead with their installation - sad waste of resources, time and money.

I most certainly I don't want a smart meter, but Bulb have a contact customers regarding an offer to install a smart meter as explained by OFGEM at: https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/consumers/household-gas-and-electricity-guide/understand-smart-prepayment-and-other-energy-meters/smart-meters-your-rights
  • I have to say I've lost all interest in having a smart meter installed, although I had expressed a slight interest in a trial. Until there is generally reliable technology availablr to bill each month's usage and collect payment month by month, then I shan't be willing again.
  • Hi Guys, during our recent trials with smart meters, we have found our members have been able to save significant money, at odds with some other studies. For many people who are unable or unwilling to send in readings every month, they will allow us to provide them with an accurate bill, and as it allows us to much more accurately predict their bills
  • I don't think you answered the question about the compatibility of Smart Meters with Solar Panels and Micro CHP (both of which I have). You started talking about FiT instead, which I would also be interested in switching to Bulb, as long as your payment periods are short.
  • Will your smart meter allow customers to access there data in an open format (like an API or similar)? I'd like to be able to pull energy usage stats into other smart home software.
  • Hi @Pottager, your smart meter will just record import usage so it should be separate from the Solar and Micro CHP. As for FiT, we're more than happy to have you switch to us being the FiT provider. Our payments are made quarterly based upon readings.

@StewartP That's a great idea, although the initial stages would not have an API functionality to access data remotely. Although, at any point, if you did want your usage data, we can provide it to you. We're always looking to make things better so hopefully, we'll reach that soon.
  • As for FiT, we're more than happy to have you switch to us being the FiT provider. Our payments are made quarterly based upon readings.

Hi Chris, I understand that, but how long do you take to pay after a reading is submitted? My current provider takes 2-3 weeks, which is bearable but not great. Now, just got to find those MCS certificates ...

• Hi Guys, during our recent trials with smart meters, we have found our members have been able to save significant money, at odds with some other studies.

I am always at odds with statements like this as it gives the impression simply by installing a smart meter `IT` will save you money, at best it will increase awareness of usage which to me could have been done without a smart meter.
    I accept the appeal for some that it saves them manually submitting readings but that is as far as it goes.

Just my view and I know we have differing opinions on this.

• @scudo

Of course it will save you money :'( ,

According to the article below it will save customers a grand total of £11 per year.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/smart-meters-energy-bills-saving-uk-customers-mps-project-delays-a8457681.html

• @scudo @Allanr You're right that a lot of the saving comes from increased awareness which can be negligible for people that already keep an eye on what they use. The £11 a year figure is a little misleading in my opinion though. For example, just having a little in-home display is not particularly good at changing people's usage behaviours. Smart meters enable more creative opportunities however, such as push-notifications when usage increases and more creative off-peak tariffs. In our testing so far members were able to save far more than this.
  • @Pottager We're actually still settling on our lead-time to payment for FIT at the moment. Currently, we're conservatively saying 2 weeks but are aiming for it to be faster than this.

• @StewartP That's a great idea, although the initial stages would not have an API functionality to access data remotely. Although, at any point, if you did want your usage data, we can provide it to you. We're always looking to make things better so hopefully, we'll reach that soon.

Thanks Chris - I know that the current smart meters I have with e.on communicates with the display using the Zigbee smart home protocol (which is an open source protocol, btw), but they've nobbled it so you can't pick that data up using other devices, which is a shame. Do you have any details around the protocol your smart meters/displays use, and whether or not it's open? If you don't have an API in the initial stages of rollout, this may be another way around it..

I know that other countries have made it mandatory to enable this functionality, so it is there, but possibly just not enabled by most of the energy companies..

• I have just switched to Bulb but on prepay beta. Will I be able to avail smart meter (assuming I finally get the consent from landlord)?
  • StewartP said:

I know that the current smart meters I have with e.on communicates with the display using the Zigbee smart home protocol (which is an open source protocol, btw), but they've nobbled it so you can't pick that data up using other devices, which is a shame. Do you have any details around the protocol your smart meters/displays use, and whether or not it's open? If you don't have an API in the initial stages of rollout, this may be another way around it..

I know that other countries have made it mandatory to enable this functionality, so it is there, but possibly just not enabled by most of the energy companies..

If Bulb are considering rolling out meters that are not fully SMETS2 compatible, complete with >=Zigbee SE1.2 or better, I'm going to be pretty disappointed.
    Some of the largest advantages of smart meters will likely come from providing data to the customer locally, and allowing them to integrate that with whatever they please (automatically turning devices on and off based on usage for example, or potentially the current tariff, in the future).

Hi Guys, during our recent trials with smart meters, we have found our members have been able to save significant money, at odds with some other studies. For many people who are unable or unwilling to send in readings every month, they will allow us to provide them with an accurate bill, and as it allows us to much more accurately predict their bills

Again, my earlier question was regarding which ones have been tested with members, but for some reason nobody seems to want to say. Is there a specific reason for this as it doesn't sound like they're just being tested in-house any more.

Knowing the device specifics would clear up a lot of people's questions, even if it's details on a few different meters and IHDs.
  • edited August 17
    I will be happy to have smart readings taken each month (once the 2nd generation meters get going) but the idea of readings every 30 min or daily appalls me — you may not sell or share my data (I trust your word on this), but nobody is totally immune to hackers — my monthly data reveal little, but more frequent data could, for instance, show when my house is empty — not information I want sitting on anybody's server.
  • edited August 18
    stephe said:

I will be happy to have smart readings taken each month (once the 2nd generation meters get going) but the idea of readings every 30 min or daily appalls me — you may not sell or share my data (I trust your word on this), but nobody is totally immune to hackers — my monthly data reveal little, but more frequent data could, for instance, show when my house is empty — not information I want sitting on anybody's server.

The difference between cyber crime, and physical crime (on a residential level) is significant. Nobody's going to hack Bulb, then jump in their van to go steal from your house - they'll just going to watch your house, realise you/your vehicles are not there, then break in and steal things.

Nothing is completely secure, but there's a lot of stuff that everyone uses on a daily basis that are orders of magnitude less secure than the smart meter systems are.

Regarding suspecting that your house is empty there are plenty of companies that already know/could figure this out:
    Broadband ISP
    Smart thermostat company
    Home assistant company
    Google/Apple/Mobile network provider (they'll basically know this for a fact as your device(s) will tell them).
  • Just read Clementine Hobson's August 2, blog article about reading from existing SMETS1 meters. Do you know which ones this applies to, by make, serial no, or what? My meter numbers start 16P03 (Electricity) and G4P03 (Gas). Both installed by Siemens on 03/10/2016. I am keen to switch once the meter readings can be picked up by you, preferably including Solar PV.
  • StewartP said:

@StewartP That's a great idea, although the initial stages would not have an API functionality to access data remotely. Although, at any point, if you did want your usage data, we can provide it to you. We're always looking to make things better so hopefully, we'll reach that soon.

Thanks Chris - I know that the current smart meters I have with e.on communicates with the display using the Zigbee smart home protocol (which is an open source protocol, btw), but they've nobbled it so you can't pick that data up using other devices, which is a shame. Do you have any details around the protocol your smart meters/displays use, and whether or not it's open? If you don't have an API in the initial stages of rollout, this may be another way around it..

Just to underline the importance of this for me as well. I looked into trying to access data in the zigbee protocol of my current smartmeter, but it looks to be encrypted specifically to prevent hacking. From my point of view it's analysis of consumption over a period that will give me the information to understand where the consumption is being used, and to save money. This would be the real value of a smart meter. So if there is any way for Bulb to put pressure on suppliers to provide this, then that would be good. This product called Verv also looks interesting.
  • mowcius said:

StewartP said:

I know that the current smart meters I have with e.on communicates with the display using the Zigbee smart home protocol (which is an open source protocol, btw), but they've nobbled it so you can't pick that data up using other devices, which is a shame. Do you have any details around the protocol your smart meters/displays use, and whether or not it's open? If you don't have an API in the initial stages of rollout, this may be another way around it..

If Bulb are considering rolling out meters that are not fully SMETS2 compatible, complete with >=Zigbee SE1.2 or better, I'm going to be pretty disappointed.
    Some of the largest advantages of smart meters will likely come from providing data to the customer locally, and allowing them to integrate that with whatever they please (automatically turning devices on and off based on usage for example, or potentially the current tariff, in the future).

Hi Guys, during our recent trials with smart meters, we have found our members have been able to save significant money, at odds with some other studies. For many people who are unable or unwilling to send in readings every month, they will allow us to provide them with an accurate bill, and as it allows us to much more accurately predict their bills

Again, my earlier question was regarding which ones have been tested with members, but for some reason nobody seems to want to say. Is there a specific reason for this as it doesn't sound like they're just being tested in-house any more.

Knowing the device specifics would clear up a lot of people's questions, even if it's details on a few different meters and IHDs.
    I registered just to agree with this. I am considering switching to Bulb, and a 'Smart' Smets2 meter installation that doesn't also provide API based access to customer's own usage is not 'smart' and pretty much useless. Bulb really need to provide API based access to the collected data so customers can use smarthome technology to manage/monitor their usage. For example, I already pull my home electricity usage data every few minutes using an 'energyhive' clip-on device that uploads usage to their website and they then provide API access. This enables smarthome integration with Samsung Smarthings and WebCore. Electricity suppliers need to push easy date access to provide the platform for device manufacturers to build usage intelligence into their products.

• mowcius said:

StewartP said:

I registered just to agree with this. I am considering switching to Bulb, and a 'Smart' Smets2 meter installation that doesn't also provide API based access to customer's own usage is not 'smart' and pretty much useless. Bulb really need to provide API based access to the collected data so customers can use smarthome technology to manage/monitor their usage. For example, I already pull my home electricity usage data every few minutes using an 'energyhive' clip-on device that uploads usage to their website and they then provide API access. This enables smarthome integration with Samsung Smarthings and WebCore. Electricity suppliers need to push easy date access to provide the platform for device manufacturers to build usage intelligence into their products.

Also important to me. Having access to the data is one of the main reasons for me wanting a smart meter.

Also, I requested access to the trial around a year ago through the forum which was acknowledged but there now seems to be a Google form as well. I've just signed up through this but is that now going to put me to the back of the queue?
  • arthur255 said:

[Existing SMETS1 meters.] Do you know which ones this applies to, by make, serial no, or what? My meter numbers start 16P03 (Electricity) and G4P03 (Gas). Both installed by Siemens for First:Utility on 03/10/2016. I am keen to switch once the meter readings can be picked up by you, preferably including Solar PV.

Is there any progress on picking up Solar PV readings for FIT, or the timescale for upgrading SMETS1 meters?
  • @daniel7111 You will not be the back of the queue, we have record of the different ways that people have requested to be on the trial.

@arthur255 We have no update on this information at the moment I'm afraid.
  • @DanP at Bulb Dan, when smart meters are eventually rolled out to those who want them, will it be possible to switch to the Economy 7 tariff? Am I correct in thinking that those on Economy 7 will have the same smart meters installed as single rate customers, they just get configured for the dual electricity rates?
  • Hi @norman7115 - we can configure your meter to economy 7 if you'd like.
  • Thanks @Bill at Bulb - just so I'm clear - if someone wanted to switch right now from the standard Vari-Fair tariff to Economy 7 it would cost £120, but if they waited until the smart meter rollout the new smart meter could be configured to Economy 7 at no charge to the customer?
  • That's correct - worth waiting in my view!
  • How can I find out when Smart Meters will be rolled out in my area?
  • When are Smart Meters available, will it be next year now?
  • Hi @SHoffmann and @Rico - we've started our first installations, but we're looking to ramp up the speed of this by the end of this year - I don't have the details of each individual area at this time though. We'll be getting in touch with our members when your area will start installations though.
  • why do you send a man to read my meters when I already supply the figures to you direct? Don't you trust me?
  • edited September 21
    petelewisr

You have already asked this question in another thread and received answers.
  • Hi petelewisr - we have to, there is regulation in place that means we need to send a meter reader once in a while. We do trust you.
  • edited September 26

Hi @SHoffmann and @Rico - we've started our first installations, but we're looking to ramp up the speed of this by the end of this year - I don't have the details of each individual area at this time though. We'll be getting in touch with our members when your area will start installations though.

I've now been reliably informed via email from another member of the team that
    There are no SMETS2 meters installed for our members yet, we're still in the testing phase.

What's actually going on? Is there still something that you're waiting on before testing with members? Have you started your first installations with employees?

• I am really interested in getting smart meter. Moved over from SSE smart meter almost a year ago and have been waiting for this since.
    Not bothered if I need a new meter or can reuse the sse ones.
  • edited September 27
    Just to provide some context for my renewed interest, my (old fashioned spinny spinny) meter has broken. Environmentally it's going to be a disaster to install a standard one now only to replace it again with a smart meter at some point soonTM.
  • Hey @mowcius - we've started installations, but not in a full-scale sense. We're still installing a small amount (not just to Bulb staff!) in some areas but if a meter is broken we are still installing 'old fashioned spinny spinny' ones at the minute as we simply don't have very many SMETS2 ones (I agree this is wasteful. At least they'll be recycled if we do get someone with a faulty meter that does not want a smart meter down the line.). In answer to some other posts in other threads, one of the Smart Product managers has told me they're going to write something up about where we're at now, some insights we've gotten from Smart meters so far and just a general update on what's going on with it now, to give our members a heads up on it. I don't think proper large scale installations will be towards the very end of the year.
  • edited September 27

I don't think proper large scale installations will be towards the very end of the year.

I think you a word.
    Until the very end of the year?

• uh oh. I meant to say 'I don't think we'll be doing full rollouts for meter replacements to SMETS2 until the very end of the year (Late November, Early December).
  • @Bill at Bulb, can you advise as to the model of SMETS2 meters (and presumably IHDs) that you have now started rolling out?
  • Heya
    crawford said:

What new types of tariff are you going to offer to make a smart meter worth having?

You can check our new smart tariff here. :)
  • mowcius said:

@Bill at Bulb, can you advise as to the model of SMETS2 meters (and presumably IHDs) that you have now started rolling out?

You're not having much luck at getting an answer to this one, are you @mowcius ?
  • @yyt, nope!
    At this rate I'm expecting to find out the meter details when a Siemens engineer turns up at my door to install one.
  • It's fast approaching late November. Is their a roll-out plan in place yet?

Many thanks
  • Hey @Warthog

You can read everything you need to know about smart meters on this thread.

@mowcius I'm just finding out if the contract has been signed. If it has - I'll let you know what model we'll be installing :) Sorry for the wait!
  • @mowcius I'm just finding out if the contract has been signed. If it has - I'll let you know what model we'll be installing :) Sorry for the wait!

Does the trial consist of meters from only one manufacturer? (internal testing having told you which ones are the right ones to go with?)

To be clear though, what you're basically also saying here is that no rollout has started yet despite the fact that it has now been stated multiple times that it has?

If we've been lied to here then I'm unimpressed, but also why?
    Telling people that a trial rollout has started and that we'll start to get smart meters soon isn't going to appease anyone unless they actually get what's being promised.
  • Hi @mowcius

As @Bill at Bulb said above, we anticipate larger scale installations to begin before Christmas. We've been transparent about this on Community.

We will be using EDMI as our SMETS2 meter manufacturer and Chameleon our IHD provider. It's important we have a secure and reliable supply of all devices so we'll update if there are any changes to this. Any SMETS2 device Bulb install will have gone through a series of checking among industry parties and our own testing to ensure it functions safely and correctly.
  • We will be using EDMI as our SMETS2 meter manufacturer and Chameleon our IHD provider. It's important we have a secure and reliable supply of all devices so we'll update if there are any changes to this. Any SMETS2 device Bulb install will have gone through a series of checking among industry parties and our own testing to ensure it functions safely and correctly.

Any plans for allowing a consumer access device (CAD)?
  • edited November 20
    @Selina at Bulb, you are a star.

So we're almost certainly going to be getting an ES-10A (https://www.edmi-meters.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/ES-10A-Factsheet-English.pdf), a GS60B (https://www.edmi-meters.com/europe/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/GS-60B-Factsheet-English.pdf) and probably an IHD3 (maybe IHD4?) from Chameleon (https://chameleontechnology.co.uk/ihds/).
    The IHDs look quite nice, and those smart meters have looked like the best option for a while now.

@Hooloovoo
    The meters will support Zigbee SEP 1.2. I seriously doubt they're not going to allow us to connect other CADs to the meters as that's one of the major benefits of SMETS2 for the consumer.
  • mowcius said:
    That was the thread I read this morning that started all this off :-)

As I understand it this isn't a SMETS1/2 issue either. It'll work with my SMETS1 Elster meter just fine, provided Bulb have the willingness and capability to pair it.