How can I contact Bulb? — Bulb Community

How can I contact Bulb?

If you've got a question about Bulb or your Bulb account, the best place to start is our Help Centre.

Here you can find all the most frequently asked questions and how to get in touch with us.

We're all in the office between 9am and 6pm, Monday to Friday. Our community is available 24 hours seven days a week, so if you need help at 2am on New Years Eve then that's your best bet.

Our office is based in London, our address is 155 Bishopsgate, Spitalfields, EC2M 3TQ

Comments

• I'm worried your quote is too low ...! If so, it could mean a big bill further down the line to 'catch up' with payments. You haven't asked about my energy usage, so how do you know how much I need to pay each month? Thanks.
  • Hi there @goodgolly, the quote that is shown after asking for the postcode, type of house and bedrooms is a basic quote. To get a detailed quote there is a part of the switch form where you can enter in usage details. If you are unsure of how to get this accurate quote don't hesitate to call us at 0300 30 30 635 and we will help sign you up on the spot :)
  • Hello,

I wanted to switch to Bulb for a combined contract for gas and electricity. Unfortunately, the electricity was blocked by a previous company, which I am in the process of dealing with. However, this month money was taken for gas and electricity rather than half the tariff (for just gas) as was agreed last month while the previous supplier was being dealt with.
  • @hannah2296 I'm very sorry about that. I have refunded half of the latest payment you have made and ensured that payments from now on have been halved. Please let us know if you need any help or advice on how to clear the objection. The refund will be with you in 5-10 working days, Thanks, Laura
  • @lauram Thank you for sorting that out!
  • You link to LiveChat doesn't seem to work.....I submitted two questions to your customer service team yesterday abut am yet to get a response. Please can you let me know when you will get back to me on my queries? Thanks
  • @emmab Sorry you were having problems with our Chat. I can see that Kristine has now responded to your email, glad we could help :) Anything else please let us know.
  • If I recommend your energy for my 10 friends and 10 of my friends will switch to you so then I receive 500 pounds?
  • And how to use a chat line? I can't find it, thanks
  • @nokia3510 That's correct, if you manage to refer 10 friends the £500 is all yours! To use the chat line - go to bulb.co.uk, click 'help' on the top right, and a chat box will appear on the next page!
  • Hi! I just switched to Bulb but my previous supplier told me that there is a discrepancy between Bulb's meter reading and theirs, so they want that Bulb send them an amended meter reading. What should I do?
  • Hi @Stefano, I'd recommend giving them a ring on Monday and I'm sure they'll be able to sort this out for you (0300 30 30 635).
  • Hi @Stefano Please could you send us over another set of readings? You have a two rate meter and it seems the readings have been transposed, so they've been entered on the wrong registers.

The best way to sort this would be to call on 03003030635 and we can talk you through what we need to do.

Thanks,
    Sam
  • edited January 2018
    Please be advised that I referred a friend without going through the site. He is Mr Jonathan Wilson. This was done on 27th December 2017. I would like to claim my reward please.
  • edited January 2018
    Hi @colinlees, the referral offer is technically not applicable to those you refer without using your personalised link, however I suspect Bulb will be able to manually add the credit on for you.
  • @colinlees unfortunately Jonathan signed up via uSwitch so we can't offer any referral credit this time. Owen
  • Does Bulb operate an Economy 7 tariff?
  • Hi @drpaulht, Bulb do indeed offer Economy 7.
  • Bulb, are you having issues with email currently?

I emailed help@bulb.co.uk on 28/1, and followed it up yesterday. Both are yet to receive any reply or confirmation of receipt / being addressed.

This is in contrast to correspondence back in November that received replies within a day.
  • @Frank, I suspect that as the >150k members they've had join recently have all had a couple of months to discover issues, Bulb are a little snowed under with emails and help requests.

@Jenny at Bulb's comment here suggests they've been having issues keeping up.
  • @Frank I can see my colleague Selina has been in touch on email. Let us know if we can help with anything else :)
  • Hi there
    Can I add my spouse's name to my bill?
    Thanks
  • Hi @DavidVega - If your spouse and yourself can get in touch via email (help@bulb.co.uk) or on the phone (0300 30 30 635 from Monday to Friday (9:00 am to 6:00 pm)), with their permission, we can add their name to their account.
  • I'd like to livechat but can't find the blue circle at the bottom of my screen - either pc or ipad.
  • k_b said:

I'd like to livechat but can't find the blue circle at the bottom of my screen - either pc or ipad.

Click "chat with us" at the bottom of this page https://help.bulb.co.uk/hc/en-us
  • @k_b if you go to our help page, you should be able to find out little chat bubble in the bottom right corner :)
  • I am reall disappointed...moved from Brirish Gas ...was told the prepaid smart meter will switch automatically to credit mode. After chasing electric meter changed and Gas still no sign of any Engineer, when promised. The elderly mother living in the property...this is unacceptable...was promised this will be done today....when I call get a message...sorry you just missed us..when it is within your openining hours. I think you have my number and isconnecting it. somebody needs to look at it urgently other wise I will have to put complaint to ombudsman.
    Regards,
    Pooja ramchandani
  • Hi, I am moving into a new house on Friday and I wanted to use bulb. I've just signed up and it said that you will start supplying me on 25th March. But I want to have you from the 8th March - is this possible?
  • @FrancescaH

You need to open an account with whoever supplies the house now who will cover that initial period.

https://findmysupplier.energy
  • edited March 8
    Can I use a sign up link posted on Facebook by someone I don't know? (The £50 Cashback offer)
  • karlito said:

Can I use a sign up link posted on Facebook by someone I don't know? (The £50 Cashback offer)

Yes. Although they shouldn't spam their links.

I'm happy to send you a link if needed.
  • I've just tried to sign up, the last page didn't complete and it said that you couldn't find my address! I have an email asking me to send a photo of my meter. What will happen after I send the photo? Will you still have my bank account details even though the page the details on is still showing? :(
    phproxy said:

karlito said:

• I hit 'back' on the confirmation page and changed my address (my address shows up as two different wordings on those searches sometime), the application went through fine that time. I've informed you of this by replying to the email that was asking me for you photo.
    phproxy said:

karlito said:

• karlito said:

I've informed you of this by replying to the email that was asking me for you photo.

Do you realise you are on a public forum rather than in personal contact with Bulb?

• edited March 12
    I do yes.
    Allanr said:

karlito said:

I've informed you of this by replying to the email that was asking me for you photo.

Do you realise you are on a public forum rather than in personal contact with Bulb?

• karlito said:

I do yes.

The point of my original comment is that you need to contact the Bulb team direct of your circumstances, only Bulb can specifically give you a definitive answer relating to your query, The vast majority of individuals on this forum are Bulb customers so none of us would know if "WE" still had your bank details for example..
  • How can |I contact Bulb customer services by phone, their advertised number is disconnected!
  • Satish said:

How can |I contact Bulb customer services by phone, their advertised number is disconnected!

Working fine here.."Thanks for calling Bulb. We're answering calls in about 2mins at the moment"

• I have just put £5 on my electric and I’m still showing in debt
  • If you were using emergency allocation then any money will be taken off the debt first I believe.
    So if you had say £10 debt and then put £5 on then it would still show £5 debt.
  • I have a smart meter fitted and get my gas updates daily, but cannot get any electricity info re spending. can anyone help please
  • where do I add my meter reading on your website?
  • Go to your dashboard / my account.