Bulb's hold music. — Bulb Community

Bulb's hold music.

edited September 2018 in About Bulb
I very rarely have to ring Bulb, but today I was pleasantly surprised to find that Bulb's hold music is not the standard tinny Cisco tune, but actually has a bit of bass to it!
Thinking about it, I'm not sure Bulb have put me on hold before.

Why Phil Gerus though?

Comments

• Yaay. Glad you like it @mowcius.

It's actually one of the tracks on our co-founder Amit's record label. It's a little different to normal hold music.

We get lots of people who it is. I was on the phone to someone from Uswitch who ended up playing it allowed in his office as he loved it so much - haha.

What does everyone else think? Like it? Or time for something new?

Give us your suggestions!
  • edited September 2018
    As a long time listener of Majestic Casual I knew I'd heard it before, but it took me an almost-NSFW search to find it ("My body was hot, almost uncomfortably hot" :grin:).

From the same album, I suspect this one might also fit the groove quite well:
    ManMakeMusic got its start a few years ago, when Fitzgerald, Amit Gudka (AKA Another Amit), Mixcloud co-founder Nikhil Shah and a few other university friends started throwing illegal warehouse parties in Hackney.
    Well, that's a bit of fun trivia!
    (https://manmakemusic.bandcamp.com/)
  • Thanks for sharing! Amit is a bit of a cool dude.

Do you think it is time to change the music?

• Do you think it is time to change the music?

I feel like that's a question for someone who's sat on hold for longer than I have!
  • How about Jim Morrison and the doors"light my fire"! But not too long as it costs a fortune !!! Lol.
  • I like the suggestion @John2152. I wonder if it'll be everyone's cup of tea?!
  • Eleanor,Scouse humour as in with the price of gas now ,light the fire less as it's too expensive! Get my drift now?haha.
  • Ahhh. That went right over my head. I think we'll be sticking with what we have now!
  • So Glad I found this!! I love majestic casual so I'm not surprised! I need to get this on my phone as possible.
  • I think it's time to change the music. Hearing how her body was hot, almost uncomfortably hot, whilst I was without gas and freezing cold for the past week because of a Bulb cock up was a little bit annoying.
  • Hi @SparrowV

Thanks for the feedback. And I am very sorry to hear that you've been left without gas. That's really not good enough, especially in the cold weather.

I have had a read through your email communications with Bulb. We're looking into why the card was not dispatched. Could you let me know if you've received the card? And the £50 compensation?

• I have spent the last four months communicating with Bulb regarding my faulty electricity meter and have complained on several occasions about your choice of on-hold music!! It is completely unsuitable to be heard once , let alone on the numerous times I have been subjected to it!!! Surely you can source something more fitting? A variety of tracks would be welcome from varying genres. Let's hope Bulb manages to listen to my complaint as, if the current track continues to be played, I will be changing my energy provider in the near future!!!
    Pat Matthews
  • if the current track continues to be played, I will be changing my energy provider in the near future!!!
    Pat Matthews

Come on, are you serious that you would change suppliers because of their music!

• edited May 10
    elephant7 said:

I have spent the last four months communicating with Bulb regarding my faulty electricity meter and have complained on several occasions about your choice of on-hold music!! It is completely unsuitable to be heard once , let alone on the numerous times I have been subjected to it!!! Surely you can source something more fitting? A variety of tracks would be welcome from varying genres. Let's hope Bulb manages to listen to my complaint as, if the current track continues to be played, I will be changing my energy provider in the near future!!!
    Pat Matthews

One nice thing about the current music is that I suspect Bulb aren't having to pay any royalties for its use. Every additional cost like this is something that could increase our bills.

I suspect you're in the minority as someone who hates the music though. It'd be nice to have a selection of tracks now that people are typically sitting on hold for longer than they used to, but I still think the style is a welcome change from what you normally get.
  • edited May 10
    [EDITED] Thanks for your feedback @elephant7

I'm sorry that you've been on hold at all. We do try and pick up as quickly as we can. We do have a few different tracks but from what you've said, it seems like you've heard the same one first each time. We can try and change this around.

What kind of tracks would you like to hear? We can add it to our spotify playlist.