How can I request a refund? — Bulb Community

How can I request a refund?

We advise keeping extra credit in your account so we don’t need to increase your payments during the colder months.

However, if you’ve built up credit in your account and would like us to refund it, you can let us know.

Before we refund the credit on your account, we’ll need to check:

1) You’ve given us a recent meter reading.
Then we can check that the balance on your account is accurate compared to your usage before we issue a refund.

2) There is more than one month’s payment in your account.
This is so your account does not fall into debit when we send your next statement.

We'll refund the credit into the same account as your direct debit. It can take up to 10 working days to reach your bank account.

If you’d rather keep the credit in your account but lower your direct debit payments, just head to the “Payments and Statements” section of your Bulb account.

If you have moved supplier or house, we'll automatically refund the credit on your account within a couple of weeks of receiving your final bill.

Still not answered your question? Post below as you might not be the only one.

Comments

• @Eleanor at Bulb

I think the problem is that a lot of customers who post on the forum regarding refunds just don't bother to first check the help pages, and I guess neither will they look at this posting from you.
  • Hi @Allanr. I've popped this as the top of the Help and Support page as it's one of the most frequently asked questions. We're happy to answer questions in separate threads but just thought this could be a helpful signpost :)
  • Hello Eleanor, I requested a refund from my Bulb account on the 4th of September as I have moved to Brisbane for a study abroad year, however, I have not yet received the money in my account. What can I do? Thank you for your help
  • @veronica_anthony24 It looks like there has been a refund of the money on your account, can you just message me your postcode and address please so I can check a few things.
  • Hi my account is £261.48 in credit, please can you arrange a refund A.S.A.P....
    Thanks....
  • Hi my account is £261.48 in credit, please can you arrange a refund A.S.A.P....
    Thanks....

This is basically a customer to customer open forum and the best any of us customers can do to help you is to suggest you follow the process on this link: https://help.bulb.co.uk/hc/en-us/articles/115003394031
  • Allanr said:

Hi my account is £261.48 in credit, please can you arrange a refund A.S.A.P....
    Thanks....

This is basically a customer to customer open forum and the best any of us customers can do to help you is to suggest you follow the process on this link: https://help.bulb.co.uk/hc/en-us/articles/115003394031
    Thanks i've sent them an email.
  • @veronica_anthony24 It looks like there has been a refund of the money on your account, can you just message me your postcode and address please so I can check a few things.

Yes! 97 Bonchurch Road, BN2 3PJ
    Thank you!
  • Hi @veronica_anthony24 ,

This is a public forum so I would advise removing your personal details from the post (just click on the cog on the right hand side to edit it). If you want to send a private message to @DanP at Bulb , click on his username which will take you to https://community.bulb.co.uk/profile/DanP at Bulb and then click 'Message' in the top right corner. Alternatively, just drop an email to help@bulb.co.uk and mark it for the attention of 'DanP' and include a brief description and that you were talking on the community forum.
  • @Eleanor at Bulb
    Ideally, from Bulb's point of view, we'd all be paying a fixed monthly amount of a twelfth of the annual energy costs, and I'm happy with that, even if it means that at this time in the year, I'm in credit by a substantial amount.
    That's not ideal for some, I appreciate, with low bills in the summer and much higher ones in the winter.
    On request, perhaps Bulb could consider a variable monthly direct debit - enough to cover the current statement plus an estimated amount to ensure enough credit for the following month.
    I'm happy to be corrected, but presumably it would be well within the capability of a modern IT system, and would obviate the need for recurrent refunds and top-ups.
  • @198kHz

I'm sure this is something that our billing system could be automated to do. But we like to keep things simple. By having just one monthly payment our members know how much they'll be paying each month, every month.

We also buy our energy in advance. If we were to bill for what you have used + enough to cover next month, we wouldn't be able to buy the energy at the cheaper rates that we do.
  • I prefer a fixed payment each month. I know where I'm at then.
  • Martyn123 said:

I prefer a fixed payment each month. I know where I'm at then.

You can have a fixed DD payment each month, subject to you having enough credit to pay for one months advance energy use.

Personally I think the best way of arriving at a nominal DD is to go to your "Payments & statements" page and set your DD to the "Average monthly usage"

Obviously you will need to take into account whether your account is in credit or debit.

The "Average monthly usage" is based on estimated energy use, so you may find that as you submit your monthly readings the estimate in theory should become more accurate which in turn will alter the "Average monthly usage".

You may need to tweak your DD to take account of any changes "Average monthly usage".
  • I too have requested a refund and sent in meter readings but I've heard nothing back and my emails are being ignored >:(
  • Can I request a refund of £165 from the credit currently in my account. Thanks.
  • Matt_ said:

Can I request a refund of £165 from the credit currently in my account. Thanks.

Please check out https://help.bulb.co.uk/hc/en-us/articles/115003394031 for the correct process to request a refund.
  • Hi @Matt_

Looks like the refund has been processed on our end. £165 is on its way to you. It can take between 5-10 working days to process.

@PeterA

Sorry for the wait. I can see that a refund was processed on 21/11/2018.
  • Hi I’d like to request a refund of the credit that’s on my account please.
  • The question has been answered already in this thread.