When will I get my final bill? — Bulb Community

When will I get my final bill?

From my previous Supplier

It can take up to 6 weeks for your previous supplier to send your final bill.

Once you’ve made the switch to Bulb, we send your opening meter readings to your previous supplier. This is so we both use the same readings and you don’t pay twice for your energy.

Before reaching your previous supplier, the meter readings are checked by an independent party. This is a requirement by the energy regulator, Ofgem.

Gas and electricity meter readings are not checked at the same time. This means there could be a delay between your final gas and electricity statements.

Bulb doesn't have the ability to cancel your direct debit with the previous supplier. If you are concerned about payments continuing to the previous supplier, you may wish to consider cancelling this at your end. Your previous supplier should do this automatically when they issue your final statement.

From Bulb

You’ll get a final bill from Bulb once you've switched energy supplier or you’ve moved home.

We’ll send your final bill within 6 weeks of closing your account.

We need to receive your closing readings from your new supplier before we can send your final energy bill. It can take a few weeks as your meter readings are checked by an independent party first.

Once you’ve received your final bill, we’ll refund the remaining credit on your account within 2 weeks.

Still not answered your question? Post it below as you might not be the only one!

Comments

• If you have moved suppliers, do NOT cancel the Direct Debit with your bank until the supplier has taken the payment for the 'Final bill' (they should cancel the direct debit themselves once this has happened anyway).
  • Hi I awaiting my final bill from Bulb after switching to another supplier and it has been 6 weeks (give or take a couple of days). Will this be resolved by the end of the week?
  • Hi I awaiting my final bill from Bulb after switching to another supplier and it has been 6 weeks (give or take a couple of days). Will this be resolved by the end of the week?

As this is a public forum it will possibly be more appropriate if you contact the Bulb team direct, their details can be found by clicking the Help button at the top of this page?
  • Thanks Eleanor, that makes sense
  • Thanks @Clairehp

Let me know if you have any other questions.