Community bug hunting — Bulb Community

Community bug hunting

We've been getting some great feedback about bugs that you've found on our website and app. We're super grateful for the heads up.

If you could let us know what device you are using and what problem you're experiencing we'll pass it on to our tech team who'll take a look and fix it.

Comments

• Here's a head up, Win 7 with FF, never a prob with anything. Ask Win 10 freebies if it was actually worth it :-)
  • @meant21817 thanks for the freebies tip!
  • Cheeky, you know the freebie is finished. My point was each Win. roll-out from Vista to 8 was a disaster. They finally got Vista right with 7, it took 8.1 to correct 8. I'm part of Windows Insider programme and I can tell you Win 10 is a major problem in terms of stability and functionality. Check out any of the many forums of those who used earlier versions with issues every time a new statutory update occurs. It will work for anyone with toys. It's useless for computing, Linux mob will say it was only point & click anyhow, but it was far better than the present. What odds will you give me that most connection / usage problems relate to an app. not a computer.
  • @Eleanor at Bulb

Small one. Page numbers still missing from Help Community page, they're there on the about bulb community page.

• Thanks @phproxy. We need to get this fixed. This is a good place to gather these issues. I can then pin someone down and help get these fixed. Keep hunting!
  • Why do you need page numbers if seeking help, surely help is about the relevant issue. If I ask for help I expect relevant answers displayed on the first page. If I have to trawl through many, the numbers don't matter, that would be a bigger bug for me.
  • Why do you need page numbers if seeking help, surely help is about the relevant issue. If I ask for help I expect relevant answers displayed on the first page. If I have to trawl through many, the numbers don't matter, that would be a bigger bug for me.

I wonder if there is some confusion regarding the page numbers?

The Bulb Community is split into three categories:

About Bulb
    Help & Support
    Everything but Bulb.

About Bulb (has 43 pages of topics, each pages includes 30 topics)
    Help & Support (only shows one page with 30 topics posted 2 Oct to 9 Oct 2018, so where are the others topics which have been posted in this category?
    Everything but Bulb (has 6 pages, each page includes 30 topics)

So I believe what phproxy is asking for is for all the topics which have been submitted under Help & Support to be visible by including page numbers with 30 topics to a page.

If you ask for help all the answers will be shown under that particular topic and not split over pages.

As somebody who has also requested page numbers to be added, here's the reason. If you are looking for help, you can disregard them and use the search to hopefully find your problem already answered (at least that's the theory), however if you are providing help/assistance and want to make sure fellow customers have been responded to, you need to be able to paginate (as you'll have no idea what to search for). I had a look yesterday and, because of the influx of queries over the weekend, around half a dozen people's questions got pushed to the second or third pages and so would have been completely missed.
  • @RichyB. When any comments are made on Community, we will be notified through our central email system. This means that we shouldn't miss anything. But agreed, it would be better if we could paginate through!
  • Thanks @Eleanor at Bulb . I have found a 'bug' though on the main site: if I use my "new built/allocated 3.5year years ago" postcode on https://bulb.co.uk/tariff/ (let me know if you need me to DM you my postcode) it throws up 'Your postcode appears to be invalid, please try again' but it does work on the homepage/main join flow: are those pages pointing at different databases?
  • Thanks @RichyB. Yes, please DM me your postcode and I'll throw this one over to the tech team