Solar Panel — Bulb Community

Solar Panel

I would LOVE the idea of offering my roof for solar panels, I'm not even fussed about making money from it or having reduced bills. I just think it's my duty as an energy consuming human. It's hard to find honest impartial advice on fitting solar panels and it would be great if Bulb could produce some kind of information sheet on where to start.
What d'ya think @bulb?

Comments

• After hours (I mean hours) of research, I had mine fitted in September. East/West split system. 20x 300Watt panels (10 each side) ~£6300. ~9 year payback. This will increase once the FIT ends, end of March '19.

What would you like to know?
  • To be honest I can't afford a 6 grand outlay. I would be happy for company (like Bulb) to install panels on my roof and keep 100% of the energy produced.
  • Just a general comment.
    I too at some future date would consider panels, but am not as thoughtful as your good selves, for me now-a-days it's the price that power costs, though happy it can help in consuming/using less of our world resources.....

I would like a system that includes the storage of power so to use at night... I thought I heard that there are improvements in the pipeline that soon the panels will be able to generate more energy from less sunlight/light.

Yes the initial purchase can be expensive, but the nagging ask for more money for electricity the constant news of price increases all over makes me prefer the pain of a one off hit cost to the thousand little pokes from constant price rises.
  • I have solar panels and have just joined how do I sign up for FIT payments?

You can sign up for FIT here :)

You can sign up for FIT here :)

I just signed up the other day, even though my solar installer warned me that Bulb is really bad at the signup process, and takes forever. I've got a £10 bet on you guys getting everything sorted in the 21 days stated... ;)
  • @Martyn123 We think the Energy Saving Trust has some great impartial information on the Feed-in Tariff here

You can also use their solar energy calculator to help calculate the financial and environmental benefits you could
  • @MorgenBlue

We're working hard to make sure the sign-up process is a smooth as possible. So, any feedback on the process is super important.

Could you private message me with your email address that you use for your Bulb account? I'll check out where your application is up to. We'll make sure you get your £10!