Appallingly confusing web site — Bulb Community

Appallingly confusing web site

Your 'community' idea may seem like a good idea to a web designer with too much time on his hands. To the rest of us it's just annoyingly confusing! What was wrong with 'contact us by email?'

Comments

• Hello @pasing123 ,

If you need to contact Bulb directly, just click on 'Help' and either search for 'contact' or 'email' or click the 'About Bulb->How can I get in touch with Bulb?' link which will both take you to https://help.bulb.co.uk/hc/en-us/articles/115001240291-How-can-I-get-in-touch-with-Bulb- .

Providing customer service is one of the highest costs to any company and since a large majority of questions aren't account specific and have been asked multiple times before (such as When will Bulb roll out smart meters), it helps reduce their costs (and consequently, their prices to customers) if these questions can be answered in help articles or on a community forum where other customers (like myself) can answer them.
  • edited October 2018
    Pasing123 said:

Your 'community' idea may seem like a good idea to a web designer with too much time on his hands. To the rest of us it's just annoyingly confusing! What was wrong with 'contact us by email?'

When did your carry out your survey to know the rest of the Bulb fraternity find the community forum. annoyingly confusing?

The Community forum is a great idea for customer to customer dialogue. I do however agree a lot of the questions on the forum can only be answered by the Bulb team by contacting them direct.

If customers who have a personal issue relating to their account just took a little time to click the "Help" button rather than the "Community" button then they would find they can contact Bulb by telephone, email and also chat.
  • edited October 2018
    You can lead a horse to water, but... ;)
  • Couldn't agree more. =)
  • edited October 2018
    Pasing123 said:

Your 'community' idea may seem like a good idea to a web designer with too much time on his hands.

It will make any web designer want to cry. :mrgreen:
    I wish there was a web designer at Bulb with too much time on their hands who wanted to do something about it!
  • If only... I do think we should make our contact details a little more obvious though, that's one I've pushed for a little with our website guys. There are quite a few queries that pop up here which we can't really deal with as they're a tad specific, or ones that've turned up quite a few times