Average spend \ increasing monthly payment — Bulb Community

Average spend \ increasing monthly payment

Can someone please explain to me why Bulb want to increase my monthly payment to £129 a month when I have only been with them for 4 months and my bills have only ever been a maximum of £77 in a single month. I submitted meter readings 5 days ago and now they want another set or they will increase the monthly payment. I'm beginning to regret coming to them as they don't even supply a smart meter

Comments

• On the positive side, the idea is to have a value you pay each month which spreads the cost evenly over the year. It means you overpay in summer (and therefore build up a credit), and underpay in winter, but it evens out.

However, they've recently started getting much more demanding about increasing the amount paid and the credit generated, and so I feel your pain as, even though I've been a happy member for much longer, the change feels ... aggressive.

The smart meter is a completely different story! ;)
  • edited October 2018
    pbosworh said:

Can someone please explain to me why Bulb want to increase my monthly payment to £129 a month when I have only been with them for 4 months and my bills have only ever been a maximum of £77 in a single month. I submitted meter readings 5 days ago and now they want another set or they will increase the monthly payment. I'm beginning to regret coming to them as they don't even supply a smart meter

Purely as another customer.

Have you been submitting regular meetings each month, if you haven't then Bulb will have to base any payments on estimated readings or energy use?

If you have been submitting regular meter readings and if these are reflected in your monthly statements you then need to take into account the following factors:

1. Is your account in debit

2. There is price increase from 11 November

3. In all probability your energy use will be greater in the following winter months

Any of these factors may be the reason for Bulb requesting you increase your payments.