Latest price rise — Bulb Community

Latest price rise

I have been told I'm £265 in credit, but I need to pay another £19 a month to stay in credit. How much have you increased the cost over the last year? How does this compare with other suppliers? I would really like to know because like a lot of people I'm wondering whether to go elsewhere.

Comments

• @HughP The three price increases we have had are:

28th April: 2.8% increase for the typical home.
    12th August: 5.1% increase for the typical home
    11th November: 11.1 increase for the typical home.

Here is a screenshot of gas prices over the last two years, these prices are the reason that Bulb and other suppliers are increasing our prices.

• edited October 2018
    @HughP, also their system is not always the greatest at estimating whether or not your payments are high enough. I'd not worry about it too much and maybe leave your payments as is. If you find your account balance is low, just increase things/top it up then. You've got quite a bit of credit, but admittedly I don't know how high your usage is.
    28th April: 2.8% increase for the typical home.
    12th August: 5.1% increase for the typical home
    11th November: 11.1 increase for the typical home.
    So if my maths is right, just over 20% increase for the typical home since April (each percentage increase has to be applied to the previous one)

If you want to compare against other suppliers, just take the unit rate and go compare. Differing tariffs and your usage will effect whether other companies may be cheaper.

@DanP at Bulb, I presume if that graph continues, we'll get a nice price drop around Christmas (as price decreases happen immediately).
    Bulb said:

When costs fall by more than £20 per year, so will your tariff

• @mowcius We will always stick to that :)

(one thing to bear in mind is that our energy is bought 3 months in advance. So when the 3 month ahead price decreases by £20 then so will everyone's tariff)
  • Here is a screenshot of gas prices over the last two years, these prices are the reason that Bulb and other suppliers are increasing our prices.

Is there a public source for this wholesale price data, and also one for electricity too? Preferably something in an API format so this is easy to track
  • For electricity, check out electricinsights.co.uk. I don't believe it has an API though.