Price Hike. Still value for money? — Bulb Community

Price Hike. Still value for money?

Cheaper deal out there with other suppliers. Why not switch?

Comments

• @Matt_White1976 with who?

When I looked recently Bulb still came out cheapest
  • @darryl5653 Try Money Saving Expert Cheap Energy Club. For me there are currently 17 cheaper tariffs than Bulb
  • so it is. The People's Energy is slightly cheaper per unit, but the standing charge is almost 10p cheaper on both gas and electric!
  • Based on MSE, I could save £99 with Outfox (but they just don't 'feel' legit to me with their site/membership etc: MSE customers rated 49% great, 25% okay, 25% poor on 59 votes), £66 with PurePlanet (not enough MSE feedback), £39 with People's Energy (not enough MSE feedback) and £14 with igloo (not enough feedback) - all other providers are more expensive. Bulb ranked 3rd on MSE's company service rating in May https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/2018/06/small-suppliers-leading-the-way-for-customer-service/ - the others aren't listed.

Interesting all them who are cheaper offer 'no exit fee' and 100% renewable (apart from Igloo) and are variable rates - so their prices could go up shortly as well.

However, Bulb's referral fee 'bonuses' make up for that (remember, just referring a single customer to Bulb nabs you £50 - just two referrals a year means I'm better off than even the cheapest one on the list) - along with the community here, the nice site and the excellent customer service (on the few times I've interacted with them) means I'm staying put for now :)