In-home display — Bulb Community

In-home display

I've got a gas & electricity smart meter which was fitted by my last provider. They issued me an in-house display monitor when I joined them both. I joined Bulb in May this year but they cannot tell me when I will get one & why I didn't get one. Does anyone else have a monitor issued to them?

Comments

• Hi there

Once you switched over to us, your smart meter will have turned into a normal meter you can take readings from. For now, this handy guide should show you how to get readings out of your meter: http://support.bulb.co.uk/customer/portal/articles/2805466-how-do-i-read-my-meter-

Unfortunately, it's not possible for anyone other than the supplier who installed the smart meter to get readings from it remotely. This is a problem common to all smart meters currently installed in the UK, and one that we're hoping will be fixed by next year when we're planning to roll out smart meters to our members.

The in house display which comes with the smart meter will also have stopped working once we took supply, so you'll have to go to the meter itself (probably in a cupboard or under the stairs or something) and follow the instructions to get readings out of it. There may still be numbers showing on the screen, but they won't be very reliable I'm afraid. For one thing, we have no way of telling it what your tariff is with us.

The second generation meters, which will fix all of the above problems, are due to be rolled out to any Bulb member who wants one later this year and early next year, if you're interested. They will be able to switch supplier, and keep on working without a problem.

We don't have a fixed date, but we're in trials at the moment so hopefully we'll be able to get you a second gen smart meter soon, if you'd like on

All the best,
    David