Referral scheme — Bulb Community

Referral scheme

Morning.

After successfully arranging a number of referrals, I would like to know if the monies credited to my account can only be redeemed against the cost of energy used or if this be transferred to me as a payment if I was to ever leave the company, for example?

My house is sold, subject to contract, and I will be temporarily moving in with a friend until I buy again in the future, I obviously don’t want to lose the balance I have in my account.

Thank you.

Comments

• Hi @Darren_Allen ,

Once you've closed your account with Bulb, they'll automatically refund any money in your account (including referrals). I think you switch supplier, this can take 6 weeks, but if you just move out (see https://help.bulb.co.uk/hc/en-us/articles/115001245152-What-should-I-do-if-I-m-moving-out- ), it'll only take a week or so.
  • Great stuff! Thank you!
  • Shouldn't there be a limit on the number of referrals? The way it operates at the moment is just like a coupon discount code, with spammers able to make money with no knowledge of the referred or their circumstances.
    Or was that the intention?
  • Ann_H0 said:

Or was that the intention?

All evidence suggests that that was always the intention - though I'm sure Bulb will deny it and talk about rewarding customers etc etc.
  • I'd like to join but can't find a referral code for £50 each - can somebody let me know where I can look for one. Thanks.
  • Hi @bumble_101 ,

I've just PMed (private messaged) you a link as it's against Bulb's terms and conditions to post them here publicly (if somebody does ask, we are allowed to send them privately).

Welcome to Bulb!