Fuel Bank — Bulb Community

Fuel Bank

I was reading about anew pilot scheme named as the thread name, Fuel Bank. Its goal is similar to Food Banks, but obviously it helps people in vulnerable financial circumstances to provide financial assistance to those groups to pay any debt or help facilitate additional finance support to power/heat their homes.

The objective is to have a referral from a social worker, food bank, other charities like citizens advice etc to the fuel bank to provide support.

While I now this is currently in its infancy, however, this would be an additional too to help low income people and I would like to see Bulb being involved in this, or significantly increasing their scope of the broader group of the warm home discount.

I would like to think many Bulb customers would support this imitative and possible consider a new tariff that offers higher price per unit to contribute to such a scheme.

Comments

• @JustSsavvy Bulb keeps things simple by only having one tariff, but this would be a good company to get involved in the scheme https://peoplesenergy.co.uk/partnerships/
  • edited December 2018
    yyt said:

@JustSsavvy Bulb keeps things simple by only having one tariff, but this would be a good company to get involved in the scheme https://peoplesenergy.co.uk/partnerships/

Bulb has more than one tariff, one each for Credit, Smart & prepayment Meters, however, A single tariff can still achieve what i expressed.
  • What would be more helpful is for Fuel Bank to accept referrals directly from energy companies on behalf of customers !
  • I'm afraid I would not support this. The rest of us already pay sufficiently high energy bills, and many have cut back on life's simple pleasures to meet the rising cost of everyday living. Charitable giving should be optional, and many of already do more than our bit in other ways. I have every sympathy for those in fuel poverty but the answer is not throwing "free energy" at the problem. Landlords must ensure homes are as efficient as reasonably possible. People need educating about how to conserve energy. Benefits should include an element towards utility costs, ideally paid direct to the provider to help prevent those struggling from neglecting their bills and going further into the red. It has been proven time and again that if you have an overly generous welfare state, all you suceed in achieving is producing a welfare dependant population.