It's a blood bath out there — Bulb Community

It's a blood bath out there

This wholesale price rise seems to have caught out quite a few suppliers.
OFGEM have stated that 15 suppliers have missed their Green Energy Bill totalling £59 Million.
Economy Energy owe £15 million and have taken down their Social Media Accounts. Delayed filing accounts.
Outfox the Market have raised prices twice in a month and have stopped updating their website and forced through massive DD increases.

I wonder who picks up the bill for this mess?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/bills/article-6451953/Fears-250-000-customers-Economy-Energy-scales-operations.html

Comments

• edited December 3

This wholesale price rise seems to have caught out quite a few suppliers.
    OFGEM have stated that 15 suppliers have missed their Green Energy Bill totaling £59 Million.
    Economy Energy owe £15 million and have taken down their Social Media Accounts. Delayed filing accounts.
    Outfox the Market have raised prices twice in a month and have stopped updating their website and forced through massive DD increases.

I wonder who picks up the bill for this mess?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/bills/article-6451953/Fears-250-000-customers-Economy-Energy-scales-operations.html

ultimately the consumer.

It would appear these companies have doing what the bank of England has been doing with Quantitative Easing, hoping more money will come in at a later date, to pay the black hole before anyone notices.

If i was a customer of those companies I would be switching asap, even if it is a little more expensive.

The law should change to make sure the directors are responsible of this mess, this inst 'oh i forgot to top up the meter or pay a bill'. How do you forget to pay £15M or not factor that in with prices.
  • I left OFTM on the 14/12/18 as I got emails saying my £50 DD was going up to £87.50 then down to £70 then a few days before I left up to £102 a month and I was building up a steady credit balance on £50. OFTM had asked for photo's of my meter for the third time in December , just days before I left them so I sent them 3 readings from the meter that British gas installed, yes a smart meter, I was on their free time but OFTM seemed too good an offer to turn down so I jumped to them, paying the £40 early termination fee. I just wish all the SMETS 1 meters updated the software to make them readable by all suppliers as they were supposed to be done by the end of 2018, or Bulb installed a replacement smart meter so I don't have to keep getting out a step ladder and wobbling on top of it to get the reading for electric then adding around 12 to 15 to the reading for a totally accurate reading to be done