Smart Meter from Previous supplier has cut off gas supply from Bulb — Bulb Community

Smart Meter from Previous supplier has cut off gas supply from Bulb

I have been in touch with Bulb for about 6-8 weeks about the fact that my SMART meter installed by Scottish Power (I changed to Bulb in July) was not registering my gas consumption. The electricity meter was OK. The Bulb technician suggested that I pressed a button on the smart meter installation to scroll down the menu and see if I could find the reading. However the effect was to cut off the gas supply.and I am now without heating or cooking facilities. I have contacted various emergency numbers suggested on the Bulb website and each one has said that it is the responsibility of Bulb as my current supplier to fix this by sending out an engineer to solve the SMART meter problems. So Bulb, could you arrange to contact me asp so that this can be fixed.

Comments

• Ian_1 said:

So Bulb, could you arrange to contact me asp so that this can be fixed.

What was the outcome of your earlier post at: https://community.bulb.co.uk/discussion/7326/reading-a-gas-meter#latest
  • edited December 2018
    Ian_1 said:

The Bulb technician suggested that I pressed a button on the smart meter installation to scroll down the menu and see if I could find the reading. However the effect was to cut off the gas supply.and I am now without heating or cooking facilities.

Assuming you have the same Elster BK-G4E as Scottish Power installed for me, then there are three buttons. These are left, right, and a circle "enter" button in the middle. Pressing any of them once is sufficient to turn on the display and backlight for 10 seconds and read the meter. No scrolling through menus required. What exactly did you do? I find it unlikely that pressing any button turned the gas off accidentally.

If it's not an Elster BK-G4E then perhaps post the model number and someone will be able to tell you how to re-enable the gas valve.
  • Please would the OP let us know the outcome?! My original suspicion was that Scottish Power screwed something, as I have been through many weeks of their incompetence about four years ago. They even claimed I did not have the meter which was sitting in front of me!
    Hope you get it sorted quickly.
  • arthur255 said:

as I have been through many weeks of their incompetence about four years ago.

You're lucky, I had the hassle of 18 months of their incompetence when I wasn't even being supplied by them!