Buying shares in Bulb — Bulb Community

Buying shares in Bulb

Are there any current plans to issue pre IPO shares in Bulb

Comments

• edited December 2018
    Maybe. Having a non IPO crowdfund is something we've thought about. Is it something you and anyone else reading here would be interested in?
  • Maybe. Having a non IPO crowdfund is something we've thought about. Is it something you and anyone else reading here would be interested in?

Possibly. Impossible to say without knowing the terms.
  • I'd be potentially interested in a crowdfunding round.
  • Is it something you and anyone else reading here would be interested in?

In principle - yes.
  • Potentially interested.
  • Interesting idea.
  • Maybe. Having a non IPO crowdfund is something we've thought about. Is it something you and anyone else reading here would be interested in?

Yes!
  • In principle, yes.
  • Interested but much more info required.
  • Hi If your company did offer shares or some other form of community participation. I feel you should offer the first 100,000 customers first choice as they were the ones who had faith in what you were trying to achieve.
  • I have been sold Convertible Preference shares in Bulb by DST-Global.
    Is this bona fide? Anyone else holding shares?
  • 198kHz said:

Is it something you and anyone else reading here would be interested in?

Will
    DST-Global have sold me convertible preference shares in BULB.
    Is this genuine?

• Venkat said:

I have been sold Convertible Preference shares in Bulb by DST-Global.
    Is this bona fide? Anyone else holding shares?

DST did invest £60M into Bulb so I can't imagine that it's not a genuine offer but not one that I'd heard of before.
  • Lucky said:

Hi If your company did offer shares or some other form of community participation. I feel you should offer the first 100,000 customers first choice as they were the ones who had faith in what you were trying to achieve.

With extremely sweet terms for the first 5000!
  • @Will at Bulb

Is it something you and anyone else reading here would be interested in?

I might be, depending on the terms.
  • Can someone from Bulb management assure me that DST-Global are officially marketing Bulb Preference Shares, please?
    They are also offering to put them into an ISA.
  • edited April 17
    Is this any help:

Renewable energy supplier Bulb has announced it has received a £60 million injection from two major international investors.

The mid-tier supplier which provides renewable energy for 670,000 homes received the funding from DST Global and Magnetar.

Bulb said it will use the investment to help it to hire more “top-class engineers and energy experts who help deliver its top-rated customer service” for its members from its London headquarters.

Currently it has a total staff of 200 but expects to reach 250 by 2019.

Hayden Wood, Bulb chief executive and co-founder said he was “delighted” to have the investors on board.

He added: “Hundreds of thousands of people are learning they can halve their carbon emissions and save £200 or more on their energy bills by switching to Bulb’s affordable green energy.

“The tech we’ve developed helps keep costs down, provides members with great service and helps them reduce their carbon emissions.

“To be backed by DST Global is a fantastic endorsement as we develop technology to transform the way energy is used and produced. Energy is being revolutionised by renewable generation, battery storage and smart meters and we’re excited to introduce this technology to homes across the UK.”

https://utilityweek.co.uk/bulb-receives-60m-investment-expand-energy-team/
  • Venkat said:

Can someone from Bulb management assure me that DST-Global are officially marketing Bulb Preference Shares, please?

They are not. It is currently impossible to buy shares in Bulb from anyone. DST do not have the right to sell Bulb shares.

It sounds like someone may be pretending to be DST.

Yes =)
  • I would in principle be interested in investing in Bulb shares directly but would want to know much more about how this would work, first.
    Why incur vast fees to professional advisers for an IPO if there's a more economical and efficient way to raise funding privately?
  • @Will at Bulb
    i would be interested in investing into Bulb, please could you keep us posted around this?
  • One of the Forum members Venkat has purchased preference shares from DST I have also been sold preference shares for over £ 10,000 I now believe I have been scammed and I bet there are a lot more people who have been, I have reported the scammers I don't know who they are but definitely they are not DST Global. Can bulb make a press release to make people aware of this scam selling Bulb preference shares?
  • Venkat said:

Can someone from Bulb management assure me that DST-Global are officially marketing Bulb Preference Shares, please?

They are not. It is currently impossible to buy shares in Bulb from anyone. DST do not have the right to sell Bulb shares.

Venkat said:

One of the Forum members Venkat has purchased preference shares from DST I have also been sold preference shares for over £ 10,000 I now believe I have been scammed and I bet there are a lot more people who have been, I have reported the scammers I don't know who they are but definitely they are not DST Global. Can bulb make a press release to make people aware of this scam selling Bulb preference shares?
  • @ticK9400
    Omg am sorry to here that. I do hope you manage to get to the bottom of this fraudulent activity.

Good luck!
  • @ticK9400, have you spoken to Bulb directly about this or just posted on the forums?

I'd recommend giving them a ring.
  • Hi all.

As Will has said, Bulb are not selling shares. Anyone that has bought shares in Bulb will have been sold them fraudulently.

You should report this to Action Fraud who are the national fraud and cyber crime reporting centre.

@Venkat and @ticK9400 if you could privately message me with more details, it would help us get to the bottom of this.