Innacurate billing. — Bulb Community

Innacurate billing.

Is anyone else having this problem? I input my meter readings when I get a reminder from Bulb. The website shows my usage over the last month and the cost of energy used. All ok there then, but a day later I get an email saying the energy I have used is £20.00 more than the usage says on the site???? I did an online chat with a chap called Callum, but it took twenty minutes to get a reply from him each time and he had no answers. So he said he would get a' Tech' person to ring me back. No one ever did. Same thing this month. Another £20.00 discrepancy. Tried to ring, but all the service personnel were busy, sent them an email...……….. still waiting!

Comments

• edited December 2018
    Are you confusing the amount you are billed for energy in any particular month, with the amount you pay via direct debit?

What exactly does your PDF bill say? Can you detail where the discrepancy occurs on the bill? At the moment I'm struggling to understand exactly where the problem is happening. Bulb doesn't provide an immediate usage calculation at the time you enter the meter readings, so I'm unsure where or how you're saying that's happening.
  • Schrimbob said:

I input my meter readings when I get a reminder from Bulb. The website shows my usage over the last month and the cost of energy used.

Seems strange, not something I have personally encountered..

1. Just to clarify, is the information relating to your usage and cost of energy used obtained from your On line Statement?

2. Is it possible that the email you received from Bulb is actually referring to your DD payments rather the your actual bill, by this I mean you are using more energy than covered by your DD payment?

Without including any personal information are you able to post the actual wording in the email from Bulb?
  • @Hooloovoo

I hadn't seen your response before posting mine, looks is if we are on the same wavelength.
  • I've also noticed that when you enter meter readings a couple of days early Bulb still work out your bill with estimated readings. This can't be right. What's the point of entering meter readings?