duel fuel — Bulb Community

duel fuel

i just cant work out recent email gas is currently costing me 3.46 per kwh leccy 12.60 kwh now my duel fuel is getting scrapped 14.29 per year and they say im still going to save dont think so 2.50% reduction in gas how can that be when its getting changed to 3.635 per kwh it just doesnt add up

Comments

• Hi @fredtheblackdog44 ,

The Duel Fuel/new standing charge 'confusion' may relate to when VAT is added (see my other community forum post at https://community.bulb.co.uk/discussion/comment/25333/#Comment_25333 about this ).

As per the KW/h changes (which are actually separate), that'll depend on which region you are in - I'm not affected (and the prices are being *lowered* per region) so I can't give details directly - but according to the blog post at https://bulb.co.uk/blog/simpler-statements-and-lower-standing-charges only gas will be going down at this point and nobody's prices should be going up.

If you want to post the entire email you received from Bulb here (of course, removing any identifying information such as your name, email address, postal/supply address), I can have a look and see if I can advice (as just a fellow customer) where your calculation has gone wrong.
  • edited December 2018

i just cant work out recent email gas is currently costing me 3.46 per kwh leccy 12.60 kwh now my duel fuel is getting scrapped 14.29 per year and they say im still going to save dont think so 2.50% reduction in gas how can that be when its getting changed to 3.635 per kwh it just doesnt add up

It's not the reduction in gas that is compensating for the loss of the dual fuel discount.

The reduction in the standing charges is compensating for the loss of the dual fuel discount. The gas reduction is in addition to this.

I'd suggest carefully reading the email again, since you seem to have missed some key information.
  • Hi all, @fredtheblackdog44 if you check the second link that Richy has shared there, the gas reduction and standing charge reduction are separate. The standing charge reduction incorporates the removal of dual fuel discount, but just check you are looking at the numbers including VAT, we're passing on some feedback to make that clearer in future, thanks!